Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Shoe Inflation

You know, I remember that this time last year, I had three shoes.

Well, not three shoes, three pairs of shoes. I can remember this because I remember feeling pretty chuffed when I bought that third pair, because they were in a style I hadn't worn before, and I remember I bought them when I'd gone to buy furniture, and came home with a new coat and a pair of shoes ;) It's a pretty common confusion. Furniture. Shoes. See? I mean, they both... often... involve legs... *cough*

In fact, I even was so excited that I even blogged about it at the time :)

As I looked at the line of shoes under my bed the other day, it kinda struck me that things have moved on a bit since then.

I now have eight pairs of shoes. Eight pairs!! Good grief, what am I doing with all these shoes!? :) I'm pretty sure I still have just the two feet ;) And even more bizarrely, I'm also pretty sure I've worn all of them at some point in the last month.

For the easily confused, I don't mean at the same time ;)

Whatever happened to "work" and "not work" ?

5 comments:

  1. I mentioned this to someone today, when it became apparent I forgot about my hiking boots.

    So, uh, knock it up one to nine pairs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...I can beat you hands down sadly. Woman need all sorts of shoes for each day. Then there are the hiking boots, gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely that should be feet down? ;)

    I'm not trying to compete with, like, a GIRL or something. Good grief, no ;)

    But it's certainly a lot for me!

    (Right now though I'm waving my feet around in the air, naked and unfettered by socks or shoes, ahhhhhhh :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feet first my friend.

    Now waving your feet around, that sounds a tad dangerous...go slow, don't go all crazy and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, sounds like we should soon be calling you Imelda Monkfish!



    Amanda

    ReplyDelete