Sunday, December 16, 2007

70.2

Ok ok, so I didn't quite manage it by Saturday :) But it's the thought that counts! ;)

So, that was the Thursday daytime. Which I spent longer talking about than I'd intended, because the more significant part was the Thursday evening.

This was the Birthday "do" back at my boss' home - us lot from work and our spouses ("or girlfriends, but not both please" *cough* ;) ) were all invited to dinner. Quna left college a couple of hours early so that she could get over here on time. Yay! :)

Now, Quna has met some of the people that I work with before - one Friday lunchtime when she was over, I invited her over to the pub with us - however, this was the first time that she had met some of m' colleagues, and her first time for meeting any of their "other halves".

Obviously, Quna was a little apprehensive about such an occasion - especially when almost everyone there had known old Mrs M for several years.

She did superbly.

Whilst the majority of the talk afterwards concerned one chap's partner (she was also, apparently, really nervous about meeting everyone for the first time) who had ended up being seated next to me. Now, I don't know when she started drinking, but her partner (with whom I work) said he'd be surprised if she'd drunk anything beforehand. Well. That's certainly the first time I've had pepper ground into my lap by someone using an electric pepper mill whilst claiming, "It's a bit like a vibrator! Did you get that? I said, IT'S A BIT LIKE A VIBRATOR!"

This was at the point that we had only just sat down to the starter. From someone whom I have met, briefly, once before.

Oooookaaaaay... ;) Personally, I just tried not to encourage her ;)

So, the real question left hanging in the air after that night... How would things with everyone go come the company's Christmas dinner (paid for by the company, for all employees and their other halves) on Saturday the 15th?

6 comments:

  1. Clearly, despite her very understandable apprehensions Quna faced the ordeal with a good deal of courage and sang froid...and excelled. You should be very proud of her...

    Now more to the point, more about her please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do.

    This evening I harrrv mostly bin...

    Playing with Christmas decorations while Quna played with scissors and material.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, the suspense is killing me. *chews toenails in anticipation*


    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *slowly dying of boredom*

    Anyone got any wet paint for me to watch?


    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do we have to be foul-weather friends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why indeed. :o(



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete