Thursday, August 09, 2007

Release

I know a lot of you have offered your thoughts and prayers with regards to my Nan, and I thank you all for them.

Mum phoned me about 10 minutes ago to let me know we've lost her now.

I decided not to crack, "Have you tried looking in a different ward?"

It would have been six weeks tomorrow since she first went in, so this really is a release, both for her, and my Mum in particular.

Mum said she wondered whether to tell my sister yet, as she finishes work at 7 anyway (it was 6:35). I said that I'd have preferred that they told me about Grandad sooner (they waited until I finished work) when he died, but on the other hand, it wasn't much time.
Mum said she wasn't sure about my sister driving home, etc. I said "Well, you can just sort of go into auto and that's not really an issue. Would you like me to phone her?"

"No, no, it's ok, I just wasn't sure about her getting home and so on. I don't mind phoning her. ... Have you got her number?"

"No... Uh, would you like me to phone her?"

"Ok then"

My sister answered the phone, and I was pleasantly surprised to realise I actually recognised her through the worky voice.

I phoned Mrs M to let her know too, as I knew she had been concerned.

And then I thought I'd let you guys know :)

Thank you, take care. I think I'll be heading around the M25 now...

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear, my Mum :)

    My sister: "Oh is the clock still not going? How long's it been broken?"

    Mum: "Since it stopped."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, all of you. I hope things go as well as they can at this time now. My thoughts are with you all. Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for you loss. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll light a candle for your Nan and for your family honey. My thoughts and prayers with you all.

    Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear the news IM, as you say 6 weeks in is a long time - she must have had real fighting spirit your nanny. Thinking of you and your family.

    NM x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss, very sad to hear but it must have been comforting in some way. Hope your sister was ok when you told her at work? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey IM, Real sorry about your loss of Nan. You are in my thoughts my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since i caught up on your blog (summer hols and all that).

    I am so sorry to read your news.

    My thoughts are with you Inspector Monkfish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my thoughts and prayers are with you. sorry for your loss
    dw

    ReplyDelete