Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Alright Then

Which one of you li'l bastards has been stealing my pillow cases and replacing each one with one of a slightly different shade?

I'm sure I've bought at least a few sets of white ones, and yet I only appear to have two. The rest are all cream, or natural, or beige-ish, or "something that looks mostly white until you put it next to white when you realise it isn't".

All I want is a couple of cheap cases each for my bottom pillows, and a cheap one again to go underneath the top pillow's "outer" case. Is that really so much to ask? And yet despite the hundred I seem to have, they don't appear to match. And no, I haven't buggered their colours up in the wash ;)

Note to self: Buy more cheap simple white pillow cases.

Note to self: Hang on a minute... Didn't Prince George always run out of socks because Blackadder was selling them on? Hmm, probably a ridiculous notion...

10 comments:

  1. Thank god it's not just me that does things like this. My problem is I move around so often and have shared with different people that stuff gets confused. Maybe I'll ask Father Christmaas to bring me some for Christmas. Although as Rose will tell you - that's ages away.

    I kinda like the jazz feel it gives my bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the problem with cheap white sheets is they don't stay white. They go all grey and odd.

    Get Egyptian Cotton 200 thread count sheets. The more the thread count, the more fabulous they feel and will last.

    Can you tell I've been working on Linens and Soft Furnishings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I do have a couple of cheap white sheets, but like the pillow cases, aren't for "top ones". If I can be bothered, I'll stick a cheap white sheet between my mattress protector and my top sheet.

    My three sets of bath towels are Egyptian cotton. Some of my sheets and quilt covers are, but I think my current quilt cover isn't. But it does look nice :)

    I think the last time I bought some sheets I stood comparing several different Egyptian Cotton thread counts to see how they felt :)

    I just like some cheap rubbish to put underneath the nice outer expensive stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Nice outer expensive stuff"? Who you trying to impress? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with roses - when you buy the high quality stuff they don't fade/go grey/change colour...

    But if you only want them to go under the nice expensive stuff, does it matter what colour they are and if they match?

    ReplyDelete
  6. *ding*

    (lightbulb moment)


    The cat seems to be out of the bag!

    ;o)



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thing with the bottom sheet, is that while you don't see it, you feel it. All night long.

    Far better to have something decent against your skin, than el cheapo sheets that go all bobbly and ick.

    Sorry, I've got to ask...Zeb? Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just put 2 and 2 together re one of the posts up there *points up*. ;o) Just call me supersleuth.


    "All night long"? Ohhh, so *that's* what Lionel Richie was singing about all those years ago!



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Rose, you and Lionel Richie eh? Does Viking know?. Zeb seems to have cottoned on. Or maybe that should be Egyptian cotton ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's when you wake up after vivid dreams of eating giant marshmallows, then discover you have NO pillowcase...that's when you should really start to worry...

    ReplyDelete