Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Meanwhile

If I can believe what BT told me on Saturday, we should have our ADSL fixed around a week from today. If I can be bothered trying to speak to them, I might ring them this afternoon to check they haven't changed their minds on that ;)

Got around to checking my regular e-mail account yesterday. Just the odd 4,094 e-mails in the nearly two weeks since we lost the 'net. I'm almost pleasantly surprised to be honest - I was almost expecting more!
Still, I'm slowly wading through the spam (normally a whole bunch of filters set up to waft it out) and pulling out the genuine stuff. So, I'm sorry "Minnows G. Outflanked", "Boss C. Reasonably", "Exterminated E. Vortices", "Foulness D. Perversity", and by no means forgetting "Lushness R. Breaststroke", and the many other crazy names in my Inbox, but you're all getting deleted. ;)

Bah. I just finished reading all the short bits I was interested in. No exciting big new articles. And then someone goes and asks me a bunch of random questions while proceeding to tell me the story of how he got to asking me those questions in a random sequence and missing out random bits, and giving way more information than I need at the rest. Oh well. Back to weeding out spam for now, I think.

2 comments:

  1. "If I can believe what BT told me on Saturday..."

    I do so want to believe them :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mrs M phoned to chase them yesterday, and was told it would be fixed Friday.

    Mere moments ago, I received a text message from BT that said our line has now been fixed.

    Mrs M is out for a bit this morning, so she can't check yet, although I'm suspicious that I can't ping our router yet...

    ReplyDelete