Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Where Am I?

In short: Catching up. ;) There's been quite a lot to absorb over the last couple of weeks, which is part of the reason why I haven't got around to blogging about it yet... Can't very easily write about it if I don't know what I'm thinking ;) Well, ok, that doesn't usually stop me ;)

With regards to Relate, these first few sessions have been more about "learning" about us than anything else, so nothing too directly helpful yet, as the "meat" of the therapy is yet to come. Some of the questions asked (such as those I mentioned here) have made me think a bit about the answers.
I guess it helped push me a little into telling my wife about my blog and everything. RT hadn't directly suggested I do that, but I had wanted to say something about it for some time.

I think the thing I've learnt so far more than anything else I had already learnt from what people had said to my blog here (thanks people :). Communication. With telling my wife all about my blog, it opened up the floor for me to be honest about everything else again.

Years ago, I started telling my wife I wasn't happy about how things were, because I knew it was the right thing to do. To talk about the problem and try to find a way to solve it together - if there was anything she thought would help, or that she thought she wanted from me, I would get/give it. And then a few weeks would pass, and we'd have the same conversation again.
It was only recently, as I started getting seriously worried, that I began more of "not saying things".

But anyway. Communication is key, even (or especially) when difficult. Well, and preferably doing something with the information learnt during such communication ;)

Where we are with Relate now... Well, you'll just need to wait for me to try to get caught up in my writings :) But I'm working on it! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with it all, IM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can't very easily write about it if i don't know what i'm thinking"
    Now that DID make me laugh out loud.

    Communication is the key in much of life and i am guilty of forgetting to communicate when things are going well. It's so easy to know things and still not actually do them.

    ReplyDelete