Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ssssh! I's huntin' wabbits!

So not only have I not written anything us recently, but I haven't even put up a good ramble! :)

I've had a few "rambly" generic posts in my mind, but I don't seem to have got around to writing them yet. Sorry about that :)

I think I've also been doing a poor job of actually leaving comments on the other blogs I read. I'm still reading them all, and often think of things to comment upon as I'm reading them, but then think "Ahh, I'll just write a comment later". And "later" has a nasty habit of never quite arriving ;)

I was off work Friday & Monday (had a little more holiday left than I realised and thought "Sod it, I'll take some then!" :), but I didn't really do anything of interest over that time. But, at the same time, it was quite nice to not do anything of any real interest :)

In terms of writing "relationship"-related posts, I think the "edge" got taken off of that by my now talking to my wife about most things as they occur. Nothing of any significance has really changed yet.
I'm feeling less emotionally "tangled" by it all at the moment. I think these things come and go. Of course, at the same time, I am still aware that I tend to end up thinking about it when I shouldn't, avoid thinking about it when I could ;)
Some of my biggest concerns seem to have settled down a little at the moment, and I'm back to feeling a bit more positive about things.

We had no Relate session this week, and the next one isn't until a week today. Honestly, what gives these people the right to think that they can have a day or two off ;) I demand that they be available to my every beck and call, 24/7! ;)

Actually though, perhaps in some ways that is indeed a good thing. I suppose it does help to have the indirect result of what some people suggested (Thank you Roses, Jen, Northern Monkey and Dianne for your comments and sorry I didn't get around to writing a proper reply to them - I'm glad someone else remembers Plop, Northern Monkey! :), in terms of giving us a little time to relax for a week and not be forced to think about it all.
Yes yes, ok, being forced to think about it all may to some extent be a necessity, but it is indeed good to have just a short break from time-to-time ;)

That's all (for now) folks ;)

3 comments:

  1. Days doing 'nothing of interest' are great aren't they?

    Even though I spent a good deal of the past nine months doing 'nothing of interest' (i.e. being unemployed ;) )...but still am not bored of it hehe.

    Glad you're feeling more positive now IM...that's really good to hear.

    A bit of distance from problems often gives us the clarity we need to tackle them, I find.

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes its useful taking some time out to let the issues chewed over in the session digest. It gives both of you time to come to terms with what the other has said.

    And it is difficult, to find the space to think when you're working full-time and keeping a household together.

    I agree with Jen, a bit of space does provide much needed clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to think will have done you good no doubt. And I know what you mean sometimes about having a few fambly generic posts in your head but not typing them. Plenty of times I've typed out a rant though "Ah, that's bollocks" and deleted it. But then I remember "Hey, this is my space on the web, I can type whatever I want!" Hope all's well.

    ReplyDelete