Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Date with My Wife

I had a date with my wife on Saturday. I didn't think of it as that, but other people called it that, and then I figured "Well, I suppose that's what it is" :)
I'd have blogged about it sooner, but I, err, didn't ;) Some people have already come nosing up to me to get any gossip that was to be had, so blame them ;)

Right now, it becomes an issue because I think, "Oh, I wanted to blog about that", and I have something else I want to blog, but I don't feel I should blog that until I've blogged this. Phew. Got that? ;)

We'd picked a place to go (nowhere all that special, but somewhere). When we got there, it turned out it had closed :) I hadn't thought up a specific "Plan B", beyond "Oh well, if it's closed we'll just go somewhere else". That sort of thing doesn't really bother me, but my wife's not a fan. It's like getting lost to a degree. I mean ok, so even if you do get lost and have no idea where you are, it's not like you're going to suddenly spend the rest of your life there. You can always find your way back home sooner or later.
Feel free to either take that at face value, or to extend it to a deep and meaningful philosophical level ;)

Under the circumstances, it went reasonably well. I had been a little apprehensive before hand other whether it would feel too pressured or stressful, but it seemed ok. Even talking about how we had both been doing went reasonably well.

Before Christmas, I knew she'd not been doing terribly well. Certainly, I may have said, she had asked me in general not to ask how she was doing - under the circumstances, it can (quite reasonably) provoke a "How do you think I'm doing!?" sort of response. Anyway, she said back then she was quite often having takeout food, and on the occasions that she hadn't done, she was tending to just plain not eat.

It sounds like she handled Christmas and New Year reasonably well (under the circumstances), although she said she almost cried when it took me several hours to respond to a txt she sent on Christmas Day. I hadn't been awake when she sent it, and when I did see it, I didn't remember to reply as I was running around getting ready... and then eating... and then opening pressies... so it was a little while before I remembered ;)

She said she something inside her had 'clicked' a bit recently, and that she had got on top of things. She'd got bored of ready meals (hence the takeout), but she has started to try to cook a little now. Although she did say she'd "only" had takeout twice since she got back, and I thought given she had only been back four nights that sounded quite a lot ;) (But didn't say that - she seemed happy).

She said it was my buying the earrings that had helped her to 'click'. She had always felt that with my wanting to buy proper furniture and stuff here, it felt like I'd already made up my mind. The earrings (which she was wearing) (w-earring? - sorry, sorry) were a thoughtful present, and she thought it didn't seem like something you'd get someone if you thought you wanted to get away from them. I reminded her that I have not made a decision in either direction.

In terms of how I'm doing, I was honest about that too. Reasonably well. At this time, I don't feel I have missed her much.

So, potentially a bit of a kick in the teeth there, but overall, the evening still went fairly well.

What I think about her when she's not here is one thing. I do need to continue to see her sometimes, in ways like this, and think about how I feel when I *am* with her too, though.
At this time, I'm not really sure what that feeling is. It didn't feel as 'bad' as before, or only just after, we were seeing each other a bit before I moved out. It didn't feel wrong, but it also didn't feel right.
That's the best I can tell you at this time.

Speaking of which... I'm off sick from work today. I'm not actually sick, but I'll explain how I arrived at this point later. Right now? I think I'm going to go watch our wedding video. lol, I have *no* idea what *that* is going to bring out ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey. Come here....

    *hugs*

    You're a good person. You're trying really hard to do the right thing for both yourself and your wife. Sweetheart, there are loads of other people who would have walked away without another thought. Things might be uncertain, but the fact of the matter is you care about your wife and you want the best for both of you. That much is really clear from your posts and our conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Roses :~)

    ReplyDelete