Thursday, February 08, 2007

At Least I Tried

Despite living relatively close to work, there is a great big hill inbetween me and it :)

I came back home ;)

Shame, I was actually awake and out early this morning! Woke up like 40mins before my alarm goes off feeling relatively awake (surprising, given I ended up not even going to bed until 2:30am), had a nice warm shower :) Took time de-snowing my car :) I got all the snow off, rather than just that on the windows - I don't want it to be constantly falling on them as I am driving now, do I! :)

When I made it to the bottom of the big hill and pondered what to do next, I decided not to walk as I wasn't really in the right clothing. I decided not to try driving a completely different way immediately, as there had already been a fair bit of slipping and sliding about. "I'll work from home then," I thought ;)

Update, 14:00
Just got back in from my second attempt. Pffffffheeeeew, I am knackered. Left the car in a silly position (facing down a slope, and going forwards isn't an option), and was able to move it, ooh, at least a few inches from there. And back. ;)

And to think, I loaded up with spare clothes and hiking boots for that! ;)

Bah. :)

Update, 14:10
lol... Ok, so, I just read back what I wrote. "I am knackered" - "was able to move the car at least a few inches". I feel I should point out I don't have a Flintstones style car which works on pedal power ;) So much as wearing big heavy clothing and trying to figure out what is preventing you from going further backwards and attempting to dig out ice and snow from around where I wanted to go was the knackering bit ;) Not helped by the fact that I had thought, "I'll wait until I get to work to have some lunch". Hmmm, I think the big chunky soup I've had for a while is due to be eaten now ;)

Shame my bread is at work. And worse still... I've only got enough milk left for one more cup of tea! :-O

Update, 21:20
Whilst it was only a minute's walk away, I have now returned my car to its home parking space ;)

5 comments:

  1. So how much snow did you actually have? What does the temp. go down to on a cold day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I hardly think what we have compares in any way to yours, quizz coach!!

    Believe it or not, the UK grinds to a halt the minute we get more than about an inch of snow! And our temps rarely go below 20 degrees F, if that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was from Zeb btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to visualise the car on a downwards slope in those conditions and not feel slightly anxious ~ lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't do that either dianne; not a good slidey feeling.

    ReplyDelete