Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Blow-By-Blow Account

08:39 - And so it begins. (A Kosh impression there ;) ). Ok, my alarm goes off really quite some time before this - in fact, this is the time I should be LEAVING the house. But I didn't sleep well last night, so getting up was a struggle ;) That's right... It was about this time I finally made it out of bed. Hey, and within 30mins I was dressed, shaved, and at work. Not BAD going, even if I was still 10mins late ;)
12:30 - I buy a sausage & BBQ sauce bagutte from the sandwich van, thinking I don't want to faff around making my own sandwich this lunchtime. I don't often buy a sandwich or anything from the van, but I have to say, there's one thing that always strikes me about the current girl that drives the van. When she's serving anyone, she always smiles. And not a "I don't want to be here but I've been told to smile so I'm going to smile" smile, but she actually manages to look happy! For what must be a fairly dull job (especially by this end of the round, where she gets on average 0-2 people come buy something), I think that's pretty impressive :)
12:55 - I head back home, as I've been told my slot is 13:00-15:00 (it takes 10-15mins to get home, but they aren't actually going to arrive at 13:00, of course ;) ). "What's that?" I hear asked, "What slot's that then?"
13:40 - It has arrived!

13:50 - I have half my baguette, some crisps, a drink, and head back to work.
17:39 - Left work. Remarkably early for me ;)
19:01 - I begin the "deboxing" process.
19:15 - I get a drink
19:20 - The "deboxing" process has been completed! I come on to blog my horrendously exciting blow-by-blow account, and grab the other half of my bagutte from lunch out the fridge :)

20:00 - I head back again, having spent too long playing about on my computer ;)

20:15 - Have completed a quick vacuum to get all the bits up of the packaging off the floor, before there's a big thing in the way ;) I begin reading the instructions.

Oh boy, am I ever pleased I don't have a "Thi Bed", or I'd need two people "yo" assemble it!
Seriously, this is POOR. How companies can produce literature of this standard, I do not know. It really should not be acceptable. This isn't even a simple line in the middle of a paragraph that we're talking about here. This is an underlined warning in capitals. How did nobody spot that!?
Also, there is only one of me ;)
*sigh* back I go :)

01:00 - Oops! I almost forgot to come update this! :) lol :) Best add the rest of it back in... :)

20:50 - It had all four sides and stood on its own :) I swore a bit more at the instructions for continuing to be bollocks ;) (I knew what they meant, but it's the principal! :) )

22:00 - Had added the support bar down the middle and laid the slats on top. Was wondering what the two things left over were which weren't mentioned in the instructions. Realised eventually they were feet that were supposed to be attached to the support bar. Thanks for that! Piss poor instructions! [roll eyes] Seriously, I thought at the start "I'll make sure to follow the instructions or I'll end up doing something stupid!" - that was my biggest mistake ;)

22:30 - Had attached the feet to the support bar (which meant faffing around raising the bed [it was either that or disassemble half of it again] so I could screw them in) and screwed slats in place. Between 9pm and 10pm, I had also spent some time checking for screw holes for the slats (there was material over the wood, I thought that there may have been holes under the material - eventually decided - nope, just screw 'em!)

23:00 - Finished! Had to faff around trying to work out how to get my mattress from behind the bed (it arrived last week, so I have been on a proper mattress for the last week) and into it ;) Oh, I did have a few random breaks throughout the evening as well, so it's not all been a constant struggle :) (Was actually pretty easy overall - easiesr than I had been expecting - thought it was more work last time, but that was a good few years ago :) )

Anyway, all that time invested, and here's what I came out with! :)



Wait, no, now, that's not right, is it ;)

Let me try again...


Vrooom vrooom vrooooom! :)

Oh, ok... Anyone who actually believed that for a minute... Go and stand in the corner of the room and try to look ashamed of yourself.

Oi! I can hear you snickering! Bloody cheek. :)

Honestly. Some people ;)



There we go :)

01:30 - I'm off to bed! :) (Well... I think... I haven't actually laid on it yet... ;) )

2 comments:

  1. Check you. A rather fabulous looking bed. Congratulations and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bed (tho' I liked the car one and was ever so slightly disappointed that wasn't it)

    ReplyDelete