Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One

One year ago as I write this (well, not yet, but probably by the time I push the "Publish" button), I was taking these pictures:



It's strange when I think about it like that... When I think about the "at this exact moment last year..." style things.
Oh, incidentally, we weren't actually heading for SF. Just a plane-swap there :)

Mrs M was over yesterday for some (..counts..) nine hours in total. That time passed mostly without any thoughts of "Just think, at this time last year..."
In fact, it passed with virtually no reference to the events of a year ago. I'm not sure why that was exactly, just the way it went, I think.

I had been intending to burn a DVD with our honeymoon pictures and videos all nicely sorted and organised and watchable. But I didn't.

My excuse for that is that first of all last week I lost one whole night being up until 3:30am - I was up until about 2am changing a wheel on the car - not starting until 9:30pm, being a complete twit over how to use a jack, then struggling to get the wheel off after I had removed the nuts, followed by popping out to a garage to get the pressure on the spare checked - didn't help with that. Oh, little tip... I spent like an hour trying to get the damn wheel off; pushing, pulling, kicking, swearing, praying, WD40, all to no avail ;) In the end, I decided I needed a new approach... I let the car back down on the jack until the pressure was back on the wheel, and the jack was only just hovering under the car... Gave the wheel a tug... And felt it move, just like that! So, if you have trouble getting it off, try getting down first ;) Anyway, I'm rambling - by the time I'd got in, then chilled from the long evening, it was very late.
By the next day I was developing a cold, as well as being "a bit" knackered from the day before.

Cold continued such that I hardly did anything Friday night and spend the majority (but not all) of Saturday in bed.
So, I didn't manage to make a DVD, but I did get something :)



Look nice? Not bad for plastic! :)

What? No, I wasn't deliberately being cheap and tacky! :-P

To quote Mrs M after she walked in the room, "I thought oh God those are going to STINK!"

See, she suffers migraines and one of the things that can bring them on is strong smelly flowers. Hence you see the advantage of plastic ones! She was quite happy with them :)

It was interesting spending a day together. It felt kind of nice and kind of close at times... But... There is still a but.

I was interested to learn that she has dropped the Italian class she was going to do. She had said she was going to do that as it would be good to get her out of the house more, and something like Italian was actually forcing her to talk to people too.
But she said she's not so desperately lonely at home anymore that she feels a need to get out so much, so didn't bother going. Hmm. I can see where she is coming from, but I am not too sure of her logic there.




Meanwhile, I am thinking I might set up a second blog, just for my "special" readers ;) lol :) By whom I mean the regular ones foolish/stubborn/nosey enough to keep coming back :)
I had assumed however that you'd be able to add people to read it based on their Blogger profiles, but it seems that it requires the Google account e-mail address, so that may make it a little more awkward than I had anticipated.

What sort of thing am I talking about? Probably just some slightly more 'personally identifiable' stuff really that I'd worry about posting here. (E.g. pics of me/us, other random dumb things like that :) )

Oh my, look at the time! Time for bed, and I've got to put some sheets back on it yet!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for spending the day with the Mrs. You guys may want to try to go out and have some fun things to do. I make it a point to take the hubby on adventures, could be a car trip somewhere. In the Spring/Fall I plan for us to go up north to Collingwood and have supper by the beach when no one else is around. I don't always tell him where we are going but that he will need to change out of his work clothes. Some Sunday's after Church he will suggest going for a car ride around the country side looking at various homes and the like. We really enjoy that.
    I have never had the pleasure of changing a tire...but now I get how to get the lug nuts off with your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a weird feeling, isn't it? I mean looking back on an anniversary.

    The last 12 months were 'interesting' for me in a variety of ways. But a year on despite everything, I wouldn't change a thing.

    I hope this feeling is yours next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 blogs!? Does that mean the posts will be half the size or double the 'rambly'?

    You sound satisfied with how the day went overall :~)

    ReplyDelete