Monday, February 27, 2006

Another one

4. Because I miss it, because we don't have that closeness, because the longer this goes on the more unhappy I become, I am afraid. I am afraid that some other (clearly completely mad) woman will fancy me and want to get lots of bouncy fun out of me.

And I am afraid that by then, I will want to let her.

And I am even more afraid that this could happen after we have settled and have a child/children. I do not want to hurt any children I may have.

This all scares me.

But perhaps that's what getting married is all about. Knowing all that, but having the strength to always say "No".

I suppose that whoever thinks marriage is all about "I do" is wrong. Marriage becomes more significant when (or if) the time arrives that you must say "I don't".

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I actually wrote "bouncy fun".

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol 'bouncy fun' is positively delicious in a relationship and is a huge part of the health of it.

    Ok, you must tell her what you have said here, before you get married.

    You have hit the nail on the head as to why men do not like to bring this subject up about needing more sex/ affection than is happening in a relationship, because they hear 'selfish bastard' all too often, and in some cases it may be true. That is not what i am hearing from you my friend.

    Tell her, this is serious. You have legitimate needs, so does she and there may be some things she needs to tell you. Please tell her, you do not have to live this prophecy.

    ReplyDelete