Saturday, February 25, 2006

Of Stick Mice and Stick Men

Dianne requested that, if I can draw stick men, I try the following:

Take one sheet of A4, divide paper into 5 rectangles with a black biro or felt pen.
Ok, I would have ended up with five randomly sized rectangles, and I'm sure there would have been no particular meaning behind the sizes, so I cheated on this score and folded the paper into six.

Rectangle 1 is Where Have I Come From?
2 Where am I Now?
3 Where am I Going?
4 What is Hindering Me?
5 What can help Me?



I can see where the psychology behind this exercise is coming from, although I am a little skeptical. For some of them, I wasn't really sure what to put, so I probably cheated a bit and went along the lines of putting something that seemed like it would be an expected or obvious response.

1. Is me being sort of probably semi-happyish/content
2. Is me looking confused
3. Is me long term with an unsure me short term
4. Points to 2.
5. Points to 1, 2 and 3, out of the page, shows the whole Earth, and shows a "no confusion" or something-type sign. Anyway, as I said, I was a bit random for some.

I'll try to write more later.

3 comments:

  1. I do like the pic of your bethrothed, very impressed, hair as well!
    Ok, you are good at intellectualising you feelings. Drawing often helps people who do this bypass that part of the process and your picture does indeed raise several questions, not least of which is...What is the symbol right at the bottom in picture 5? I can see the circle barred with the question mark representing no confusion, i can see the world and the 3 arrows pointing outwards, but the other image i am unclear on.

    I would be interested to know if what you have drawn has thrown any insight into you thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll never win an award for my drawing. The symbol at the bottom of 5 is an arrow pointing out of the page, towards the viewer.
    I just pointed arrows all over the place really.

    Oh, for reference, I did draw the picture last night but only got around to uploading it this morning.

    No, I'm afraid that I don't feel it has cast any light on anything in particular.

    I'm going out soon, but I'll try to get an entry off before I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick note to say that I won't get time to write anything more before I go.
    Will be back late this evening.

    ReplyDelete