Sunday, May 21, 2006

Who Am I... Part 2

(Thought the last post was getting long so I would split it into two. I initially continued straight on, but then went for a break in the middle when I realised how tired I was)

Initially as I began this blog, and then as I wrote new entries, it was obvious what was on my mind.

When I felt particularly stressed or frustrated, I ended up coming along here and writing an entry. That meant that I just wanted to come and write what was on my mind. Although often I couldn't, because if I started from there it wouldn't have made any sense, and I had to summarise the story leading up to it.

But still, it's basically just me bitching and moaning.

Now I feel a little less stressed by it all, I'm not necessarily thinking to come write stuff as much. When I write something, I end up with two things happening.
1. The desire to remain anonymous
2. A desire to talk about things I don't talk about elsewhere
3. A desire to stop talking about the same thing all the time, but some how I never manage it!

So here are a few other random points about me:
- Lazy. If I don't want to do something, or I don't like doing it, I'm pretty good at avoiding doing it. Is that really lazy? Probably. Most people don't like doing things they don't like doing, but part of life is getting on with it.
- Creative. I am often hit by bolts of inspiration. Sometimes big ones, sometimes little ones. Like earlier today when my wife complained there was nothing to eat (that she wanted), but I created a meal from a bunch of odds and sods in the freezer. I like being creative :)
- Dreamer. Take Lazy and combine with Creative, and of course you have a dreamer. :) I'm not completely in my own world, but I have a lot of ideas that I don't really ever do anything with. But it is nice to have dreams :)
- Caring. I do stop being lazy when it comes to doing something for someone else. (Depending on what it is, that is subject to me remembering to do it :) I often help people in the field I am skilled in, and I enjoy doing so :) I also try to defend people in arguments if they aren't there. Even if I would normally disagree with them! But I just like trying to put across a different point of view. Of course, sometimes that's just being argumentative, but it's not my intention. I also like to be nice to people I don't know. For example, at the supermarket, if I have to stretch to reach something at the back of the shelf, I'll take down the thing I want, and bring several more to the front of the shelf to make it easier on others.
- Optimist. Well, you need to be really, don't you :) Why bother sitting around thinking the world might end when it might not? Of course, in my "old age" I am getting increasingly pessimistic.
- I'm me. God, I do feel like I harp on a bit in this thing. It's actually difficult to "simply" write about yourself (especially while being unspecific). I did think I'd try to throw in some negative points in this thing, although it is difficult to be negative about yourself. Of course, some of my good points are also my negative points :)

...And I am rather good at rambling on about nothing in particular ;)

4 comments:

  1. Right, how's that? ;)

    Now, how's about another line or two about you, Dianne? It's nice to know who I'm talking to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, i match you in the caring and optimist departments. I often am impulsive also which i would say is usually fueled by one of these two; sometimes with positive outcomes, sometimes not..lol

    I am creative but not in the kitchen ever. I am creative mostly within my career and often find the boundaries of working within a structured ethical framework too restrictive for the human condition.

    Negatives - i can be too prescriptive and intense sometimes.

    I like new experiences, people, exploring, laughing (but not random laughter, that would be slightly concerning~lol), reading...what more can i say really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this must be the closest in time I have ever read one of your comments ;)

    I used to enjoy reading, but since t' Internet came along, I must admit to exceptionally rarely picking up a book.

    I laugh too easily sometimes :) There you are trying to keep a straight face... with a dirty great grin slapped across the middle of me head :)

    Oh, and despite being creative in the kitchen, it doesn't mean I'm much good at it ;) I can co-ordinate putting a few things in the oven and/or microwave and (roughly) getting the timing right, but bugger doing something the size of a roast! :)

    How long have you been doing your job? Has it always been your "main" job? (I suppose that also leads to "How old are you?", but it depends whether I could get away with asking a lady her age ;) )

    Where are you/where have you been relationship-wise? I'm just curious (read: nosey) to see where someone who may hold the answers for many people ends up herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. six years
    yes

    The part where i hold the answers...i don't...people do...The truth is in there! to mis-quote a sci-fi cult classic.

    ReplyDelete