Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Can you tell what it is yet?



Working things out...

I give up looking for any furniture to match my bed - I'll go for something that contrasts instead.

I had been thinking that I'd go for a triple wardrobe, but I may go for two smaller doubles instead. Not sure though... Any opinions there? (I don't need that much space myself; I'm catering for the future :-P )

I'm thinking: Two bedside cabinets, one large chest of drawers and [some wardrobe space].

Picture on the left is with my bed in its current position, which I strongly suspected wasn't the optimal layout for the room, and wouldn't be suitable for the furniture I was thinking (if you actually want to be able to get to the heater or the window ;) ) - plotting it out here seems to confirm that ;)
I had assumed I'd need to turn the bed around - but it's interesting that looking at it, I'll probably want my head on the left side of the room, whilst I'd presumed the right side. Hmmm :)

Still, it's progress :)

Although, by the way, Photoshop does my bloody nut in :) I mean good grief, do the people at Adobe actually sit around TRYING to work out how to make things awkward and different to everything else? I found like three ways of selecting objects, but could I just say "Select all these things, now copy and paste them over there" ? Could I bollocks.

You know, I even bought a mouse for my old Spectrum (in all its 7 available colours glory ;) ) to use paint packages, so I've been using them for a while. I've just never found a nice, pleasant, easy-to-use, doesn't make me want to strangle myself with a sock, package on Windows though.

Adobe seem to be getting slightly better at designing software, but they've still got a whole lot to learn about making it actually friendly to use. I hate PDFs mostly because of Adobe Reader (which, again, always just feels... kludgey... to use... And everything Adobe is so SLOW! A sloth on tranquilisers that's been tied to a glue-covered tree works faster! Erm... sorry... ranty rant rant... am I still in a pair of brackets? :) )

Anyway. Bedroom. Wardrobes. Double doubles or single triple? Photoshop. Pain. In. The. Arse.

Oh... The doubles seem a little less deep, but do come pre-assembled, unlike the triple I was looking at which is flat-packed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that the grey thing is the door?

    I'd personally suggest going for the two doubles (if they'll fit up the stairs and through the door)(a) because they're already made up, and (b) because they'd presumably then be easier to move, for whenever you decided to live somewhere else.

    I think the righthand layout is fine mainly because to me the lefthand one isn't ok - I wouldn't personally ever recommend someone having their bedhead by the rad (not good to have heat right next to the bed, can dry out the sinuses - that apart from the bed also blocking the heat to the room), or under a window (you can get a crick in your neck from the draught if you have the window open).


    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just bought a triple wardrobe (for two of us) and it is nowhere near big enough. Our clothes don't have room to breathe, which is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting stuff, new bedroom furniture. I dream of new bedroom furniture.One day it will happen.

    For what it's worth, I'd get two doubles.

    ReplyDelete