Thursday, May 10, 2007

Feeling Nosey?

I hope you are. Because if you're not, I'm just being incredibly random.

Come to think of it, I'm being incredibly random anyway ;)

So, here's some random things for you :) Just the "every day" sort of nosey rather than the "juicy gossip" sort of nosey, I'm afraid, but still, potentially interesting none-the-less :)



Now, the first (left) receipt is from the 2nd December 2006 at 17:45. Why is that interesting? Well, that was my very first shop following renting this place! :) So, there's all sorts of random stuff in there :) I decided I wanted to keep this receipt because... erm, because I'm weird ;)
The second receipt is just my receipt from today. LOL, which just made me laugh as I read "KIDS 600G PACK" - WTF!?!? :) Ok, seriously, I have no idea what that is :) I don't remember buying a pack of kids, let alone 600g of kids :) I mean, what are they? The Borrowers? :) [Wanders afk at this point to look around his kitchen to figure out what on Earth it is]
Well, ok, I have genuinely no idea what that is. I've just checked my cupboards, my bag ready to take on to work, the fridge, and the freezer, and I've no idea what a "KIDS 600G PACK" is. Hmmmm :)
It's in with my cool stuff, but I can't think what it would be. (As I unload stuff from the trolley, I try to arrange it onto the conveyor belt by frozen stuff, cool stuff, and the rest - that way you keep the cold things cold)
It was just gone 8pm by the time I left work, so I only fancied a quick shop. I also didn't need to buy too much. One thing I did think was interesting though was that here I am, almost six months on, still buying random homey things from the supermarket (More tea towels [I have several, but I was disappointed with some given that they just push the water around and leave everything fluffy], some coasters - to go on my new coffee table! They're quite nice coasters - black, granite :) )
The Ginster's pastys I shall probably take to work and sell for £1 each ;)
The lamb thingy was a ready meal. When I buy them (uh, I say that like it's not often, but I guess I have 5 microwavable "meals" [I use the term loosely] on this receipt - but the Lasagnes and the Rustler's Pork Ribs were both on BOGOFF, and they'll get eaten at SOME point :) )... when I buy them, I try to keep the cost down - £2.50 is extravagent for me ;) But, as it was late, I wanted something nice and something easy to just sort out when I got home :)

Oh those computers for schools vouchers... Last week when I was in Tesco, the checkout lady asked, "Are you collecting computers for schools vouchers?"
"Yes," I said, "Well, no, not really, but I'll probably find someone who is."
"Well," she said, "I can keep these and pass them on to someone who is."
"Ok then"

I figured that probably meant that she went home with the stack at the end of the day ;) However, as I walked away, I heard her asking the next lady to arrive at the checkout, "Do you collect computers for schools vouchers?"
"Yes..."
"Ah, here you go then" (handed over the couple I didn't just take)

I was still hanging around at this point (as once I'm done at the checkout, I get out of the way as soon as possible to let someone else get on with their checking out, which means I then faff around for a moment putting receipts and credit cards back in my wallet [on the end of the isle, NOT in the way of people walking past :-P]), so I then handed the lady behind me the (relatively speaking) huge pile I had amassed over the last few weeks but had no home for ;)

Right, that's Ramble Part One done with ;) Now on to... Ramble Part Two ;)

My living room is in a complete mess at the moment. I assembled my coffee table yesterday, and another media cabinet the day before. So, I have the packaging for that, and I'm rearranging where things are, and getting things out of boxes to fill my cabinets up.
Here are the piles I assembled this evening (i.e. the ones I should probably be disassembling, but appear to have managed to accidentally become distracted ;) ), for your noseyness/interest/disinterest/amusement...


Anything interesting there? Probably not ;)
From left to right:
Pile 1: Some random bits I shall give back to Mrs M that she probably doesn't care about anyway.
Pile 2: Most of the books that I currently have with me. I haven't read the purple one yet ("Use of Weapons") which someone at work lent me. Most of the others I have probably read several times over, but not, I must admit, in the last eight years or so, where my reading of actual books appears to extend to perhaps reading an instruction manual every few months ;)
Pile 3: "Big box" PC games (and the little one in front - Some CDs from inside the boxes)
Pile 4: PC games and stuff (my free copies of Vista and Office perching on top - not installed yet - I'm thinking I'll buy a new hard drive first)
Pile 5: PC games (CD cases)
Pile 6: Playstation games
Pile 6.5: Oh, some random DVDs I got for free. I don't read the Sun (or, indeed, any newspaper), but it was from some thing related to that that Play.com and Sun were giving away DVDs, so I applied for them. They just didn't happen to fit in any other pile there ;)
Pile 7: Playstation 2 games
Pile 8: My music "collection" ;) (What? What!? Four is a collection! ;) ) Ok, so, I just wasn't all that much into music. I have a lot of MP3s these days though :)
Back right: Media cabinet, just assembled Monday night. This one, double the size of my previous one, also came from Homebase. This one, which, as I say, was double the size, was on the shelf next to the single size one. This one cost roughly half the price. What's up with that!? Crazy. £25 for the double, £40 for the single.

Once I've tidied up and got some things filed, I shall take an updated shot of my living room :)

Any questions? ;)

(Note: "What have you been smoking?" / "What are you drinking because I'd quite like some" questions shall be ignored. Well. Ok, I'll answer them in advance. Smoking: Nothing. Drinking: My last drink consisted of a a mixture of fruit juice, squash, lemonade and water ;) )

'Eee, it's been a while since I had a good proper random ramble, hasn't it ;)

PS. Oh, I remembered something else that I felt it vitally important to add... I think most of this crap with the added Omega 7 bollocks isn't worth the money. For the sake of a few pence on me loaf of Kingsmill though, I find that it seems to last longer than average :) So, if I don't have to throw it away so soon, it's all good :)

5 comments:

  1. DING! once again Monk gets another Top Ten Google Hit.

    Just try entering "kids 600g pack tesco" or "tesco kids 600g pack" and see what comes up. ;o)

    Doesn't work for just "kids 600g pack" though.



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I guess Google likes me :)

    I had been meaning to Google for that to check see if anyone else had had this little problem ;)

    It did just remind me what it was though!

    Satsumas!

    And I left them at the back of the kitchen units (not in a cupboard/fridge/freezer) so that they could make it to my fruit bowl at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will actually keep longer in the fridge, Monk.

    Left at the back of a cupboard, especially if they are touching, the only way they will make it to your fruit bowl is when they walk there of their own accord!



    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this a lot...but them I'm supremely nosy...

    After reading the post I'd just spent ages trying to figure out the kids 600g conundrum before writing a comment...duh should have opened the comments earlier!

    For the record and this was based on your other shopping, obvious food habits and conveyer belt packing methodology, I'd decided on a 600g pack of sandwich filling something like that bear head shaped meat that the deli counter sells....how wrong could I be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh yes - Billy Bear Sausage!!

    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Billy_Bear_Sausage__5653994


    Yum? hmmmmm ..........






    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete