Tuesday, May 29, 2007

There's Progress!

I must be making some serious progress now. Things are really moving :)

Of course, the irony is, that I just lost half this post by accident. Well, I say half, but knowing me it'll probably turn out to be about a tenth ;) But anyway... :)

Saturday I spent thinking about bedroom furniture. Again. I visited the shop on the corner, only to bump into an assistant who said "Well our other shop has loads more like this..." So I hopped up to their other shop... And you know what? I was sure when I'd looked around there a couple of times, they didn't have much... Didn't have much!? Why, they've got bedroom furniture coming out of their ears! :) (Now there's a bizarre image... :) )

They'd also got some of the things (and then some!) from a range I'd spotted online too, which was pretty cool as it meant I could really get a good look at 'em :) Plus it would be nicer to order from a local place :)
I pondered for a bit having one in the corner (surprisingly few places seem to do storage designed to go in the corner), but after lulling it all over for quite some time, I eventually decided against it. Had I seen more of the corner-y ones earlier, I might have been swayed then, but, of course, something else had piqued my interest by now ;)
"I have seen it," I said to the sales lad (who really did seem to know what he was talking about), "I have seen it online, you know..."
"Well," said he, "so long as it's not a stupid price, we could match that."
"Oh right," I said, surprised. (Actually, I think I said "So, not for a tenner then? ;)")

Lulled it over a little for the rest of Saturday, but decided I needed a break so put Lord of the Rings on (Just half the first one - man, those extended editions go on a bit ;) )

Sunday... Measuring... re-measuring... humming... ha'ing... More measuring... Layout out boxes and paper to suit layout of furniture...

Eventually made a decision, to arrive at the shop 4:10pm - they closed, of course, at 4pm ;)

So set off to my parents instead - I wanted to take my Nan my air conditioning unit. Oh man, was it WET out there! M25? Not fun. Got there about 8ish, (Hmm, I must be lifting a lot these days... A 30kg air conditioning unit doesn't feel as heavy as I'd have thought :D ) chatted for a bit, played on my sister's Wii (all four of us) for a bit. Mum is terrible at, well, everything really ;) (Actually, I think she beat my Dad at the boxing one - Hmmmmmmmmm? Pent-up frustration? ;) )

Headed back home again at around midnight. Fortunately, it was pretty quiet out. Fortunately because it was still bloody wet out there :)

Monday... Went out, spoke to a different bloke at furniture place. "Who said we'd match Internet prices!?" "Youngish lad, said he was working at your other store yesterday, said his cousin also worked at the other store."
"That was probably my son then"

Hope I didn't get him into trouble ;)

He didn't seem very happy, but he matched them though! I mean the online place was even doing an extra 10% off this weekend and he matched that too. He didn't seem super-pleased about it, and I was like, "Well, I'd rather get it from a local company than online, so I don't mind paying a bit more potentially..."
"No no, I'll match that."
"I don't suppose that includes delivery does it? We charge £15 for delivery."
"It says delivery is free to the ground floor, but I'm on the first, so I don't know what they'd have done."
"We'll do that for free too then."

lol... crazy ;)

So, I saved a hundred quid, which I might later spend on getting them to assemble it for me now ;) The guy said his son and friend do that of an evening. Bit of extra cash, I guess :)

Oh and then I went to pay and the credit card company then decided to play awkward and it needed authorisation. He had to wait on hold a bunch of times, then they were asking for like the signature digits off the back of the card... Then my mother's maiden name! Blimey, honestly :) So, now the whole shop (a small queue had formed ;) ) knows all my credit card details and my mother's maiden name ;)

Still. I'm happy :)

I also did a good amount of boring old cleaning and stuff over the weekend too. I did have some huge piles formed :) Why, I could barely sit down ;) lol :) )

kk... Think I'm done :)

2 comments:

  1. Sending you some Preparation H right away, sir!




    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who can't find her bedroom at the moment - I salute you!

    ReplyDelete