Monday, September 11, 2006

Bits & Bobs

Phew, long day.

Will post about Relate later. Re-later? :) Relate-r? :) Oh dear. ;)

Errrm. Errrrrrm. What was I going to say?

Went for some petrol afterwards (as you do), but there was a queue, so I hopped into the supermarket to see if it had cleared by the time I came out. Picked up a *coughmicrowaveburgercough* and some flapjacks for me tea :) (Knew I didn't fancy much by then, as it was 7:30 already) Gave the Mrs a bell, and she asked if I could pick her up a bottle of Dr. Pepper. Ooh I tell you that's a struggle... 89p for a tiny bottle! (Oops sorry, sounded a bit Franky Howard there)
But then saw 6 cans on BOGOF for £2.39. Oh dear decision time there ;) I mean 12 cans for £2.39 is clearly better than 1 bottle for 89p... I went for 6 Dr. Peppers and 6 Lilts, as they were also in the deal :)

Meanwhile... Started downloading Windows Vista RC1 (Release Candidate 1 - theoretically feature complete, they just need to "tune" it now, in time for it to "go gold" next month or so, to be on store shelves late January) a short while ago. Blummey, it does make me appreciate the speed of connections these days sometimes... 2.5gb to download and it's 85% through already.

I'm sipping my Lilt and slowly munching through this burger atm. It's been a long day.

And Vista has hit 95%... :)

4 comments:

  1. I started reading your entry and got down to the word 'Lilt' and had to go and check the kitchen to see if had any left, alas not one.
    Are you proofing new programmes for windows now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: How do i get my computer to go back to Internet Explorer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL :) k, I'll write some instructions later, Dianne :)

    Nah, I was just downloading the next Windows for "fun" ;) to have a look at it. Most companies take ages to go to new stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi monkfish etc., I cannot imagine EVER going back to Internet Explorer - way too buggy. Just love Netscape and Firefox - anything but IE!!

    ReplyDelete