Friday, September 22, 2006

It's September. SEP-TEM-BER!



I noticed this when I went to the supermarket after my first solo Relate session. Euch. I thought last year they had returned the ridiculous run up to Christmas to a far more reasonable amount of time.
On the other hand, I wasn't very "happy" with last Christmas. It sort of crept up on me. I think it got real busy at work running up to Christmas, so I couldn't have much time off either over Christmas, or the random days off leading up to it.

I do like a good few days of completely random wandering around town TRYING to think of ideas for people. Never really get any, but at least I try ;)

6 comments:

  1. Halfway through September? Oh. My. God. It's one day people... One day out of 365!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly had a spasm I was so pissed off at seeing mince pies in Tesco. Stop the madness people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh well that one got me the last time I nipped in, Suz!! But for opposite reasons, really.

    I swear wandering around I could smell freshly baked mince pies the whole time!

    But could I find anything freshly baked that even vaguely resembled that smell? Could I bollocks! :)

    I think I ended up buying some sort of "fruit" slice (sultanas and raisins or something) which was the closest thing I could see to whatever it was that produced the smell :)
    You can tell I was desperate though. Was like 89p for two slices! That's a practically a whole 45p for one tiny little slice!
    That's a long way from my usual combination of value+taste oriented shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear god. That's really quite the most depressing sight.

    Now I postively adore Christmas, but c'mon...that's rediculous.

    Christmas in the 21st century=just another cash cow. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nnnyyeeeaaarrggghhh. My local Spar has Advent Calendars in stock!

    And here I was thinking Christmas was going to me enjoyable now that I'm no longer working in retail...

    ReplyDelete