Monday, April 30, 2007

I have to admit...

It does seem... Seem what?

Strange? Fast? Funny how things change? Odd? Weird? Sad? Good? Bad?

Well, I'm not sure, but it's certainly something ;)

I took this picture back in December. Actually, from the date, Christmas Eve. I must have got bored with my last minute Christmas preparations at some point, I guess :)



I supposed I'd been thinking about taking the picture for a while, and I felt the tinsel made a nice backdrop :)
I never bothered to use the pic as they all came out a little blurry using simply my cameraphone. That's why I've carefully applied a series of filters to the image to bring a new feel to it here, rather than leave it in its original form. (I.e. "I buggered about with it in Photoshop")

It was something I'd been intending to do since I started thinking about moving out. I just wanted to say, "Ok, I might be doing this, but the ring's still on my finger and it's not over."


I did feel quite naked for a while.



Even although I never felt like I really got used to wearing it, it felt odd for it not to be there. It must be, hmm, about a month since I took it off now. It was when I went back in to work that night to work late. Actually, I didn't take it off, so much as looked at it and didn't put it back in.
It had been feeling tight and bothering me. That in itself wasn't significant, as I often "played" with it and wasn't too fussed about taking it off - particularly when I knew my hands were going to get wet or I was carrying something heavy. Erm, or I was sitting at my desk and it felt tight.
So, anyway, it just didn't seem... I just didn't put it back on. And there it's sat since.

Well, not quite "there it's sat since", as first of all I didn't have the box, and it was a little while before I picked it back up off of my wife. Most of the time since then, it's sat on my desk (box open), but I moved it over to a shelf to take the picture :)
Oh, and I thought that the photo I took & printed out yesterday made a nice backdrop, too :) (Incidentally, I also took the swan photo from yesterday's post at around the same time)

No comments:

Post a Comment