Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Oh. Yes. Baby.

I am buzzing.

I just bought a Sony Bravia KDL40W2000 40" LCD 1080p television


Sony sell it for £1790.

If you click the link, you'll see that John Lewis sell it online for £1800 with a five year warranty (there's a lorra lorra value in that - can pay about £350 elsewhere for that, from the places willing to even sell an extended warranty) and 'free' DVD recorder worth £299.

Well I'm not really fussed about that DVD recorder it comes with.

John Lewis in-store do the same bundle in-store for £1700.

I just ordered it from John Lewis...

Got them to price match to somewhere else, which means I lose the DVD player, but keep the 5 year warranty (which hardly anyone else does)...

£1249. Ohhhhh yeah :D

Ok, I admit, that's still a whole heck of a lot of money for a TV... But £450 off the list price is a VAST amount to "haggle" off!

Woooooowh :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am so freaking jealous!!!! We will be looking for a 42" at some point, once the prices come down somewhat. That's the largest size we can fit in the unit the hubby built.
    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic!! ENJOY!!



    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys and their toys.

    tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well come on then - how is it?
    Gonna watch Dr Who on it tonight??!!

    Wooo hooo!!





    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  5. How flash! how bizarre I've just bought a new tv to but it's not as fancy as that one, but if I'd let my other half do the shopping alone, I have no doubt he'd have picked the same as you...it's definitely a boy thing.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks quite attractive; if i could hide it in a unit somewhere, i might be persuaded next time i purchase a TV ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, slightly jealous from over here too!

    However when I bought a new TV at the end of last year I got a digital widescreen for about £220.

    Picture quality is generally just as good as LCD's, and even though it's bulkier, I don't mind the space-issue at the moment.

    Nice one! I agree - Doctor Who must look rather impressive on that size screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so LOVE to see those Daleks next week on such a big screen!!!


    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  9. You son of a &%^$ and I meanm that with all love and jelousy in my heart.
    hhhmmm
    dw

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL thanks Roses ;)

    I can't say that doorstops were high on my list of wants ;)

    I was in Focus and picked up a leccy screwdriver, and figured they probably also sold doorstops. Well, just the wedge thingies is all I mean.

    I am going to try to get a decent blog post up today...

    How many times have I thought that? ;)

    ReplyDelete