Tuesday, December 19, 2006

5,000

No, that's not how old I feel ;)

But it is the total number of page loads that I've had since I added a counter at the start of June.

Just happened to notice it was a nice round number :) Northern Monkey wins the prize for being the 5,000th hit. Not that I have a prize, you understand, but still, it's the thought that counts ;)

Meanwhile, the courier companies got together today to belay my fears of gifts I had ordered online not arriving for Christmas :)

Which was nice. :)

Had some slightly down-pangs today (popped out at lunch to get my last two Christmas cards - as I said yesterday, choosing one for my wife was difficult), but overall my good mood from last night has carried through :) Had a later night than I was intending last night (thanks to a delightful unexpected online encounter, complete with plenty of juicy gossip, etc. ;), but woke up well this morning. I'd even have been on time were it not for the twenty minutes it took me organising my food together into bags and defrosting the car ;)

Plus, I now have a vast amount of food on my desk (two tubs of biscuity things, four packets of Walkers Sensations, three packets of peanuts), and a vast number of cream cakes downstairs, ready to stop work and spend an hour eating & chatting when we have the next round of tea :)

4 comments:

  1. yay 5000th...no prize? Boo...

    Happy birthday! Enjoy your day! I will have a beer (or 2) for you in the pub tonight when I go out to watch the football...what do you mean that's not fair - remember it's the thought that counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    And in response to yesterday's post, I now say 'sofa' too but I'm sure my mum thinks its weird because she definitely always uses the word 'settee' which is located in her 'sitting room' rather than the lounge or living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many happy returns, old bean!

    Enjoy all your munchies!!

    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice birthday :~)

    ReplyDelete