Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Well, that went about as well as could be expected..."

Had a busy evening. 'Home2' first with new monitor and Playstation. Oh, and I was able to clean the funny blue stain out of the bathroom basin too :D And plugged in the phones too charge. Oh! And pumped up the airbed ;) Then out via Currys to look at microwaves for a bit. Hmm, do I want one with a grill? Or even a convection oven? See you ask me a question about computers and I know what to look for in a computer, or if not, where to find out. But where's a good site filled with microwave reviews!? :)
Some of the Samsung ones look kind of nice (and have grills and convection ovens), but they're a little pricey. They also have this "Smart Cook" feature of something, which alledgedly scans a special barcode on stuff and then uses a combination of all three things to cook it "perfectly". I'm sceptical on that for starters, before even pondering how much stuff has this special barcode. And it feels like being TOO lazy ;)

Anyway, then off to 'Home1' with Mrs M who had ordered Chinese for us both. Chomped through that swiftly, while looking for a manual for the hot water tank and one of the storage heaters that I don't have manuals for. Not figured the water tank out yet... It has two switches on the wall that enter different points on the same tank. Only one switch has a light on it though, so I'm not sure if both are needed, or only one, or one is optional, or... Who knows :)

Anyway. Then dismantled my PC and ran madly around the house for some time getting all the other "last bits and pieces" together.
I think I arrived back at 'Home2' around 10:30. Played with my phones for a bit and was pleased to see line seems happy :) Kudos to BT this time ;)
Cleaned the bath... Had a shower... Went to bed. :) Slept ok once I had stopped squiggling (I like that word :) around in my bag.

And was only 2mins late this morning! ;)

Fortunately, the ADSL checker had turned around today to allow me to place an order. PHEW! :) So, I've placed an order a li'l while ago :)

Anyway. I'm off to look at microwaves again. And then to do some shopping.

5 comments:

  1. I imagine it depends on what you're going to use the microwave for. Heating up ready made's and cold coffee, i would opt for a standard one. However, proper cooking and i think i would get an all singing all dancing one.

    The most i do with mine is heat cold coffee and mange tout.

    It's good to hear you getting organised and also having a project to figure out ;~) (ie: the storage heaters and hot water tank) ~ lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a flash microwave. Complete waste of time. The grill and bake function is okay, but let's face it, the oven is so much easier to operate. Mind you, I have no time for any appliance which requires me to read the instructions first. Hence my unsexy mobile phone.

    Hope your second night was spent comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience simplistic is best...for microwaves of course! It does depend on your culinary skill and dedication to fine food, but for heating up cold coffee, making lattes and ready meals a bog standard one does the job.

    Sounds like you are getting sorted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe take a cooking lesson and then you will need the flash nuker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'd go for a standard one every time. I personally prefer a glass turntable, and a stainless steel interior, for easier cleaning.




    Zeb

    ReplyDelete