Saturday, December 16, 2006

Check Aht Mah Groovy Christmas Tree!



Good, innit? :)

What? What do you mean, "I can barely see it" !? Well, ok, you could try this one, but it looks kind of flat being all lit. Unfortunately, I'm taking all these pictures on my phone at the moment, since my sister maliciously STOLE my proper camera! Stole it I tell you! Cheeky cow. :)

But anyway, if I had that, I'd whip my mini tripod out (calm down, ladies), and snap a few off with that, which ought to show it better :)


Here's a close-up of my pretty angel :)


I made a light to go above her because she couldn't really be seen :) I bought a battery-operated li'l lamp thingy from B&Q, then took a bit of card, lined one side with tin foil and the other side with wrapping paper, wrapped it around my lamp, and woila! Instant angel illumination :) Suspended from on high by "white-tac" though, so I'm a tad nervous it could come crashing down ;)

And, after I spotted this and thought of Roses' recent post, here's just the one more:

Well, I say "one more"... I mean for tonight, obviously ;) If you think I'm done yet, you've another thing coming ;)

4 comments:

  1. Check you! Very Christmassy. It's looking good. I bet you're pleased with yourself; and so you should be. You're accomplishing a lot in a very short space of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dark photo - all mysterious and magical - and that lovely green light too.

    So, it can do blue and it can do green. Please tell me it doesn't do red ;o)


    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeb, I'm afraid I can't tell you that ;)
    Red-Green-Blue-Red it seems to go (and, briefly, some colours in-between)

    Not sure how it works. ... Hmm, I think it looks like there is probably a LED in each of those colours under each tree, and they fade in/out.
    Sitting on my desk now, in the light, they look very unimpressive ;)

    Was £10 from B&Q (Although I got it 20% off) - same price as the Christmas tree itself ;)

    Takes three AAA batteries (not included).

    Aaaand... I think that's about everything I can tell you about it :)

    Oh, and thanks ;)

    Roses: I have to admit... I am pleased :) Thank you :)

    Ing: Thank you, too :)

    Unfortunately, when I got up this morning, I discovered the my "light from on high" had fallen during the night. Thankfully, there were no casualties :) (Phew!)
    I think I need to find a way of placing it discretely on the floor but still illuminating the angel.
    I also should put some of my other lights up :) And some other decoration somewhere/somehow :)

    ReplyDelete