Monday, December 04, 2006

Off Into The Sunset...

Right, I'm dismantling my computer now, and will be spending my first night in my home away from home tonight.

I think BT were able to activate the phoneline today, but how long it'll take for ADSL to get installed, I do not know. I remember checking it could get ADSL, but rather ominously the checker today told me:
Your exchange has ADSL broadband.

However, despite an engineer's visit to your premises it has been proved not possible for your telephone line to support broadband service. Please accept our apologies. We are continuing to look for alternative technology solutions and this site will be updated with developments as they happen.

Thank you for your interest.


eek!

Hopefully once they've actually realised the phoneline is active that may change.

In the meantime, take care all :)

I'll still be on from work, and at least I'll have plenty of time to clean & shop during the evenings and weekends ;)
(Oh, also, I got a new Playstation 2 [I left the old one for Mrs M] and a new 20" widescreen LCD monitor to play with ;) )
Oh! And Mrs M told me we had an electric pump that I have now nicked after explaining my problem to her ;)

Anyway. See you all when I see you :)

Oh, anyone who wants any other contact details should, err, contact me ;) (Via e-mail or something - as I say, I'll still check them from work)

Right then. Here goes!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to your new home! I hope all gets sorted out really soon.

    Sleep well tonight.



    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck hon! Hope your first night on your blow-up mattress isn't too bad.

    I would say, I'll be thinking of you, but I'm now off to bed.

    Happy HouseMove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gasp! no broadband?!

    hope the move goes smoothly on all levels.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully it won't take as much effort as the last time it took to sort a problem.

    ReplyDelete