Saturday, December 23, 2006

This week I harrv been mostly...

- Feeling thankful towards all my wonderful friends, both in real life and online, who wished me a happy birthday :)
- Hanging decorations... Something I need to do more of now, after most fell down. I bought some drawing pins, so perhaps they'll help, but I want to be very careful about where I use them.
- Getting ready to wrap presents.
- Getting ready for when my parents & sister come over on Sunday.
- Getting ready to go back with my parents & sister on Sunday.
- Wishing Mrs M Happy Christmas as she headed off to her parents for Christmas.
- Being glad I don't need to go in to work for a while :) (And also: Spending 2.5 hours at the pub on Friday, yet also actually managed to do some work in the afternoon)
- Getting into the Christmas spirit.
- Throwing away cream cakes after greatly over-buying, and nobody being able to manage (m)any the next day. (I'm truely very, very sorry ;)
- Inflating my two sofas, and wondering how I will rearrange the furniture in the room. I'm thinking I'll move my desk to the other end of the room. Trying to also consider the layout that I'll want when I have more stuff. Oh, I think I'm happy with where my Christmas tree is though :)
- Speaking of which, it's probably a good job most houses don't have round rooms. If I can spend this long thinking about four walls, I may die of old age in a round room ;)
- Gossiping, and having some very enjoyable natters :)
- (Hopefully) enough shopping to tide me over the holiday period, as well as for everyone on Sunday.
- Causing a mess in every room within mere moments of my tidying it ;)

Speaking of which, how many presents do you think I had wrapped after this little mess?



That's... Seven rolls of wrapping paper, two pairs of scissors, Sellotape (sorry, is that "sticky tape"? ;), assorted bits of ribbon, bow and gift tags, one pen (the other was a present for someone at work that I forgot I needed to wrap by Friday), one Christmas card, two presents which are there because it's where I happened to empty that bag, one Netgear wireless box to have something to lean on while I wrote.

And the answer?


Yes, it takes me a long, long time to do any wrapping ;) (Not helped by the fact that I had to do a lot of running around trying to remember where I had hid some of my accessories, cooking my tea at the same time, and helping someone with his network issues. Phew!)

I'll be on and around over Christmas to wish people a Merry Christmas, but if I don't see you...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friends! :)

2 comments:

  1. lol IM - my wrapping is bad too - it takes me ages and I always seem to buy odd shaped gifts that are impossible to wrap....I find a glass of, as Roses would say, naughtiness, gets me through it much quicker..

    Have a great Christmas and new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have sent them over, I could have done them for you. I seem to have wrapped everyone elses.

    Actually, NM has the right idea. A glass of naughtiness would be just about perfect right now.

    ReplyDelete