Monday, December 18, 2006

Mixed

Been a bit of a mixed day.

Felt stressed after I got up thinking about work. There's still stuff I'm behind on that I know I should be better at and should (could) have done. Oh well.

Was running around town and stuff today buying various things.

- Got my hair cut (hmm, I seem to be getting it cut more often recently... but then I always used to feel I didn't get it cut enough, so I guess it swings both ways)
- Bought some Christmas cards. I feel I should buy one for my wife, but... it's not easy. You read what they say, and they're kind of all taking the piss at the moment given our situation. Selection appears to have been slightly narrowed by of the three "big chain" card shops in town, Birthdays has closed leaving two separate Clintons.
- Bought two inflatable sofas. One is now inflated. I was going to buy one sofa (when did I start saying 'sofa' instead of 'setee' I wonder?) and two chairs, but they had no chairs, but they did have two sofas :)
- Bought a vast amount of cream cakes and other random nibbly things. It's my birthday tomorrow (along with the whole host of thoughts that brings with it - from being 27 - which is definitely not arguably 'mid-twenties' anymore, to that making it six years since I think of us as having first/last had sex. Great), and it's company policy that you buy cream cakes on your birthday. It's my own personal policy that I shall buy lots of things that look good and forget how many people I'm buying for, leaving us with vast excesses of food :D
- Bought a quilt, cover, and sheets from Roseby's, who claimed to be having a sale. Still, not bad for just over £50. No bed yet, but I can still use with airbed and at least will feel more like a proper bed, until I have a proper bed. Is what I figure.
- Definitely been feeling a bit more... mixed... as a result of everything recently. Can just feel it looming more ominously. Not sure what it is I'm feeling specifically (if anything yet), just concious of feeling a bit more 'wibbly' in general (a term Mrs M used to use to describe that state).
- Had had something delivered to Mrs M's so picked that up earlier while she was at work (she did know :). Was the first time I'd actually been back in the daylight since I'd left, so that was a little odd, actually seeing it more.
- Thought she had done a nice job with her Christmas decorations.
- Noticed three of the five lights in the house have changed :) (Well, tube in kitchen had just recently broken, and we never liked shade in the living room, so glad she was able to get that light changed [it was attached to the shade], and a new shade at the top of the stairs)
- Following recent dumb-founded astonishment from both Roses and Ing that I had nothing alcoholic in the house, bought some random bottles of alcyhol. Well, not entirely as a result of their astonishment, as I'd been thinking about it for a while, but didn't want to when I had a lot to carry. That reminds me, I still need to make a third trip down to the car ;)
- Ordered pizza tonight, my first delivered take-out here (and only my second fast food at all). Hoped I'd be able to finish downloading the first episode of The Hogfather before pizza arrived, but the download stalled half-way. Leaving all those other bastards with Sky to watch the second half. Bastards! :)
- Had a few vodka & cokes with pizza. Now have a large chunk of chocolate log :)
- Inflated (originally said "blew up", but felt that was ambiguous ;) one of the blow-up sofas, and watched a Stargate SG-1 ep from it while eating pizza and drinking vodka & coke. We started watching SG-1 early this year, after I bought Mrs M the film. I'd remembered her saying she'd not seen it in a while, so we watched it, and then she commented she'd like to see all the episodes from the TV series on order. Downloaded the first couple before the film had finished playing :D (I love the Internet ;) ). We watched most of the first series as something to do on honeymoon, and had watched up to mid-way series 5 together since then. It does feel a little odd to be watching it alone as I have been.
- Decided to give out my contact details to those who had requested them. Anyone else who would like them, or who would like updated details, should let me know.
- Was a little low earlier. Feeling better for pizza, vodka, coke, sofa, Stargate, cake, phone call to my parents/sister, or good online company. One or all of the above ;)

Ummm... I think that's about it! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Still tellin' you mate, if you like your sci-fi, you *so* need to give the new 'Battlestar Galactica' a spin. T'is the best thing since sliced 'Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ing, we have been buying the sets. Hubby loves it, I'm getting into it.

    ReplyDelete