Thursday, July 05, 2007

1. Update on My Nan

The appointment with the consultant came around yesterday (the one I booked with them last Friday - it was the earliest available). They had to try again to get a pipe put into her to feed her. Otherwise, they said, her stomach was in danger of not accepting any more food.

So, they got the tube put up her nose and into her stomach.

Well, maybe it was that that helped, but apparently today she's responding a bit more again. Mum said when they were talking today there was a point when Nanny opened her eyes again and was trying to pay attention.

My sister asked them yesterday, "Didn't you run out of things to say?" "We [Mum and Dad] were playing I-Spy" said Mum ;)

When we were there the other day, I had also figured (like Dianne mentioned) that talking would be a good thing. I mentioned what had happened over tea-time the night before...
My sister asked, "Shall I go and get the chocolate cake?" (It was her birthday)
Mum looked at her quizically, "What did you say?"
"Shall I go and get the chocolate cake?"
"Oh! I thought you said you'd like some more potato."

My mum's daft ;)

I almost wondered after mentioning that whether she smiled for a moment, but to be honest, I suspect it was my imagination.

Still. I've heard of people go up and down at these times before, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Can't really guess beyond that.

2 comments:

  1. It's good she know's you're there. She knows you all love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you continuing best wishes for her!

    ReplyDelete