Tuesday, July 17, 2007

*click*

Sometimes, when I'm working on a problem, it takes a long time for the answer to hit me. It often hits me when I don't expect it. The number of times I've been having a pee when a great idea's hit me, I can't tell you ;) (Yes yes ladies, I can already hear the "Oh, that explains why you miss the bowl" comments, thank you very much)

Maybe because work has been busy today (I just got home 10 mins ago) it gave me some space to think about something else, without thinking about it, as it were.

Because I've had all the pieces. They've been sitting there staring at me. But I couldn't manage to assemble them. And they've just clicked straight into place all of a sudden, and it makes sense now.

I still don't know for sure what it is I'm looking at ;) But I think I've got a good idea. :) Hah! :) Ok, right, sorry, I'm being vague and obscure. Yes. Tough ;)

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean you keep jigsaw puzzles in the toilet? Do you put the pieces in the toilet bowl to keep your aim straight? (as in "We aim to please; you aim too please".

    (yep, I'm lost ;o) )



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As random goes that's pretty random ;~)
    Is it a big piece, chunky jig-saw or one of those 1000 piece efforts? Most people who keep distractions in their smallest rooms make do with comics and "little books of ...." glad to see you're original and opting for something a bit more stimulating. ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean.

    This is quite lame and I apologise but I have the same problem with my budget spreadsheets at work. i have multipage massive formula things that are supposed to add up and guaranteed everytime I get to the end, just do a quick double check the columns add up and it's always a few quid out (or sometimes more).

    I have discovered the more I look for it the less likely i am to find it, but if I wander off, go to the loo, have a coffee or a kit kat or a wander round the block then when I get back I'm often inspired and seem to find the problem immediately...spooky!

    ReplyDelete