Thursday, July 05, 2007

3. Trainee

Interviewed another trainee today. Was supposed to interview him on Tuesday but ended up not at the time :)

Seemed quite promising. Little hard to tell as he hadn't actually done any programming in the main language we use, but seemed to know what he was talking about and was able to answer questions.

Apparently, one of my questions overlapped with one my boss had asked the other day (I didn't know this)... The other day he had failed to answer it so my boss explained, then he told me what it was today. Mentioned this to my boss and he's like, "Well... He's remembered what I told him then! That's it almost word-for-word!" :) lol :)

The only thing that concerned me just a little was that he seemed perhaps a notch over-confident. Which, fair enough to be confident in your ability, but just seemed a bit too certain, I thought. So long as he's not too stubborn and is able to learn and pay attention, he should be ok though ;)

We need to check his references, but other than that, will probably be hired.

I'll keep you informed, and blame me if he turns out not to be up to it after all ;)

Oh... And he's even younger than me! :) lol, not so amazing now I'm getting old (eee, 27 and-a-half, getting old, me ;) ), but I was only 19 when I started, and I think he's still only 18.

lol, what a range of ages we will have ;) I have been the baby of the office for so long ;) So we will (probably) have him in his teens, me a twenty-something, one thirty-something, two forty-somethings, two fifties, and a sixty-niner :) (seventy this year)

So. There you go :)

1 comment:

  1. 27 and a half?. Surely not! You looked so young when we met at Roses. (Unless you've magically ages in the last week ;~) )

    ReplyDelete