Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Side

I used to have a CB for a while. We tried normal radios at first, but their range didn't reach from one side of the park to the other, and CBs (just handheld ones, I mean) had a better range.

We were naughty, didn't have a licence for them :-O

For the first few days we were just using the channel that you get when you turn it on... turned out that was the emergency channel (9). Oops. ;)

Normally I just used it with me mate, but sometimes looked at the random chatter. If you wanted to join a conversation you'd say "Side", as in "Breaker on the side" - basically, "Oi! New person wants to join the conversation", I think :)

I thought of this earlier when my Mum said my Nan's been moved into a side-room now. Private.

She was apparently looking a little yellow yesterday. More normal colour today... but no response to anything.

Probably just been moved in to some peace and quiet...

1 comment:

  1. I can remember when my gran was in hospital, not pleasant. She was unconscience after a fall. After a while she gradually gained some ground, never fully recovered but enough to communicate sufficiently.

    It was a hard time for us all though.

    She did remember the stories i told her when she was unconscious though :O)

    ReplyDelete