Friday, July 27, 2007

And Then I Happened to Mention...

There were only four of us for Friday pub lunch today. One had to pop out somewhere, a couple are on holiday, and another is trying to save his money. (Although no doubt he really will just use the "I didn't have lunch today, so I'll leave early" excuse)

We were into the second pint when I happened to mention that I needed to go see a lawyer or something about getting divorced at some point.

Reasons for divorce were mentioned, including the fact that "Unreasonable behaviour" these days probably included things down to squeezing the tooth paste from the wrong end.

I gasped. "She ALWAYS squeezed the toothpaste from the wrong end!"

And then I happened to mention, "And we also hadn't actually had sex in the time we'd been married..."

M'colleague with whom I used to share my office asked, as we walked back to work (the other two had popped to the loo first), "So... Not even on the honeymoon, then? I thought that was a given."

"Yes," I said, "You would, wouldn't you."

I have no need to share this information. I do not "need" to talk to people about this anymore. But I think that becoming more comfortable in talking to "real" people - people whom I have known for many years - about these things, is probably good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment