Thursday, July 12, 2007

Waiting

I am not very good at "waiting". I don't like it. It's one reason I love to upgrade my computer - make it faster, less waiting ;)

Waiting is always difficult, but sometimes, we have no choice but to wait.

My sister told me yesterday that she had made a joke out of one phrase, as apparently I used it almost every time I talked to someone about it - "Unfortunately, you just don't know which way it's going to go."

As every day brought different news and she yo-yo'd between states, I was aware that I have heard other people talk of similar circumstances. Better, worse. Up, down.

The decision was made yesterday to withdraw most artificial support from my Nan. No food, no medicine, only painkillers.

The phrase of the day seemed to be "Let nature run its course".

8 comments:

  1. Wow. That's one hell of a choice for you guys to make.

    Wishing her all the very best, whatever the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure no-one can do this kind of waiting easily - Thinking of you and your family

    NM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I just don't know what to say. I will be praying for Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs*

    It's an awful thing to do, to wait for the end of someone's time. I believe that she will hear you when you tell her how much she's meant to you and how much you will miss her.

    A candle sits in my room tonight for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all.



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell. That's such an impossible choice.

    Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how incredibly difficult this is.

    sending you damp hugs.. you know I tend to tear up a bit.



    Tru

    ReplyDelete
  8. having just got thru similar, you have my best wishes and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete