Friday, July 06, 2007

Get the F**k off my Arse

Well... It's a more original post title than "Road Rage" ;)

I'm pretty relaxed driving most of the time - I certainly don't tend to get too stressed by other people the majority of the time. I mean I cock things up enough myself and tend to rarely have any idea where I'm going, that it's only fair I cut other people the same slack as I would appreciate ;)

But I think the regular thing that tends to get to me most is when someone sits right on my arse. I do not like that. (Hmm, possibly because I've been in a car twice that's gone into the back of someone - um, 'only' driving one of those times ;) )

I've only been driving a few years (for less time than you'd normally expect these days), and I was quite good at keeping to the speed limits for a while, but I struggle more these days. I blame them lowering some of the limits on my way to work... and my always being late, but not actually wanting to be ;)

Someone sat right on my arse driving home though. Think I was doing about 35 in a 30 at the time. Turned the corner up to the 40 bit with good visibility, decided I wasn't in the mood for this and left him weeeell behind ;) (I may have been doing a smidgeon over 40. Sort of. Ish)

...Until I got back to the downhill bendy 30 bit, when I stuck to the speed limit (or under) the rest of the way (I try to at least drive safely), with him back on my arse.

Didn't mind then though, I'd made my point - if I wanted to, I could have gone faster. But I chose not to, thank you very much ;)

Good job Lily Allen wasn't on the radio too, or who knows WHAT would have happened ;)

(Note: Normally, I would be very boring and keep to the speed I was comfortable with, ensuring that I had a larger-than-average gap ahead of me to allow greater time to maneuver to any difficulties)

4 comments:

  1. Speeding is wrong. If you can't stick to the limit don't drive. What would Ing say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad taught me a good tip to get rid of people sat there too close behind you. Keep accelerating as you were, but lightly and briefly touch your brake pedal with your left foot as you're doing so. It will give the impression that you're braking and the person will invariably back off.

    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly Allen? Well, the filth took away her licence... Mwah-ha hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the best way to get rid of tail gaters was to wind the window down and shout:

    "I'm SINGLE"

    That worked really well for some reason.

    :-(

    ReplyDelete