Thursday, July 19, 2007

Busy Busy

It seems to have been a busy week! And it's only Thursday! :) Well, I suppose I should be glad I'm not saying that on Monday ;)

We had several large projects go live this week at work (I seemed to be involved in all of them), and as well as that, a few majorish unexpected problems (I seemed to be involved in all of them - no I didn't CAUSE them! :) ) also reared their ugly heads.

Today was a good day, as I successfully beat the crap out of a few of them :) Had the theme from He-Man going through my head as I quoshed one particularly nasty little brute :)

Got home today by about 6:30. Feels strangely early given that most days this week I've not left until around 8. Was thinking about all the things I wanted to do this evening when I got in... Until I sat down for five minutes and realised how tired I was and just sat flopped on my sofa for 30mins ;) Eventually managed to stand up and pull myself back to my computer to try to wake my brain up. For some reason, I ended up reading about the flux capacitor from Back to the Future. Which was interesting, after I then spoke to my friend who said she was about to watch Back to the Future.

But still, after that, I managed to find the time to get a bin put out (oh bugger, I just realised I forgot to clear out the fridge), hang some sheets on the dryer (I nipped home at lunch to start the machine), agree to help a friend move, put another load of washing in the machine, agree not to help a friend move, eat some 'food', wrap a present, watch the first episode of 24 Series 2, vacuum up a load of grass that came off my shoes following a random walk yesterday, blog, ermmmm... And hopefully I'll find time to squeeze a few more things in yet :)

I am also slightly curious as to whether this coming Saturday has some sort of spooky cosmic significance, as since last month, it was a date that began shouting at me.

- There's some sort of book or something coming out, about which a few of my friends are quite excited
- Another couple of my friends have their birthdays (*wave* happy birthday)
- It is my boss' 25th Wedding Anniversary. Well, not just his, it's his wife's too. See, more coincidences! ;)
- I think I need to go to Tesco's.

See. Exciting stuff, eh? ;)

Now then. Right. I need to get on and do something useful :)

Oh oh! I know... I decided (Possibly ;) )... Ok, sod it. I have ended up not looking at desks recently. I'm just going to say "sod it" and order that one I looked at before from the possibly dodgy company. If it takes a while to arrive, meh, I probably wouldn't have found another in that time, and if it doesn't arrive, I'll contact credit card company and get cash back that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment