Wednesday, July 04, 2007

(4 + 2) * 2

Yay! My furniture has been delivered.

My sister was at home to receive it.

Me: "Right, so there should be two bedside cabinets, one chest of drawers, and one wardrobe."

Her: "Yes... yes.. ye-wait, did you say one chest of drawers?"

So I phoned the company up. "Ok, Mr. Monkfish, I'll just bring up your delivery note... Two bedsides, two 4+2s, one Imp-wait, no... one 4+2."

"Yes, that's right, *one* 4+2."

"It looks like it had '1' then someone wrote '2' over the top then scribbled that out and put '1' again" (or something)
"Oh, we're very sorry, Mr. Monkfish..."

"Well, it's no skin off my nose, I just thought you might like your chest of drawers back ;)"

(I'd checked - I hadn't paid for them ;) )

6 comments:

  1. Extra drawers always come in handy! ;o)


    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all you have to do is assemble it ;~) I suggest a beer and plenty of swearing. That always works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided to outsource all assembly of flat packs.

    As a graduate, I couldn't possibly understand the instructions!

    (te he, just kidding, am a touch inebriated. Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hadn't realised that the only flatpacked thing was the wardrobe. Almost a bit of a disappointment, was looking forward to assembling a bit of SOMETHING ;)

    Got me wardrobe assembled!

    I did it all on my own! ... Ish. Well. Sort of. Well. In a manner of speaking.

    And that manner was pay someone else to do it ;)

    But other than that one tiny tiny detail, all on my own! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it was a constructive experience for ya!



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete