Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eek! Run Poor Li'l Squizzel!

Well, there I was on my way in to work, doing something incredibly, incredibly embarassing* at the time, had just accelerated through the traffic lights and up the steep hill, now following the car in front of me, travelling at 30...

When, all of a sudden, a li'l squizzel runned out from the edge of the road! :-O

Straight under the car in front of me, he went!

I tell you, I don't know how many lives squirrels have, but he was one lucky little chap!

He must actually have passed just in front of the right-hand front wheel, but kept running at a constant pace and came out from behind the left-hand front wheel.

He appeared slightly confuzzled :)

-----------------------------------

Squizzel: The correct and official word for referring to a "squirrel". Anything else is just stupid.
Runned: "Ran", only cuter.
Confuzzled: "Confused", only cuter.



* It had just gone 9 (I was late. Shock!) - I had Radio 1 on. Their random song at 9 o'clock today? Atomic Kitten, Whole Again. I feel dirty to admit... I was singing along... "Looking back on when we first met, Iiiiii cannot escape and I cannot forget..."

3 comments:

  1. I hit a small bird on the way to work the other day. I kid you not I felt ABSOLUTELY AWFUL about it. I hate killing things, even insects, and will go to great lengths not to. Say if there's a wasp in the room, I'm the first to get a glass and paper to catch it and let it fly off outside. Being the non-faith type that I am, I think if I was ever to choose a religion I'd be a Buddhist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you somewhat on that :)

    Never had any serious incidents yet. Mrs M was once driving when a pheasant decided it would be fun to try to jump out in front of the car. That made a bit of a whack, but we think it was probably more dazed than dead.
    Incredibly stupid birds though :)

    I'm not sure about wasps, but most insects and things, I too try to evacuate from the premises with care :)
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that with wasps, I wouldn't be the FIRST to go get a glass ;) I'd rather skulk at the other end of the room, if it's all the same with you ;)

    I think I may in fact be religiously agnostic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time I was driving to work when a pheasant ran straight out in front of me. There was nothing I could have done but felt terible. I got to work and burst into tears over my friend.
    He was a very lucky squirrel.
    Not so sure about wasps though, not keen on flying stinging things.

    ReplyDelete