Sunday, July 01, 2007

It's All Relative

So my sister made it home eventually at 6:25pm yesterday, having been travelling since 9:30am. Eugh.

I didn't see my Nan yesterday. There were two sets of visiting times (3:30-4:30 and 6-8). The first time I waited here in case my sister arrived home. She had arrived just before they were about to set off the 2nd time (it's about a 30-45minute journey from here, and they had also gone to the care home to pick up her things, so by the time they'd done that and got home it was time to go out again, let alone to get something to eat too), so I chose to stay here with her, rather than go out.

I'm not sure what my sister's plans are for today. My Dad has a headache at the moment so is just trying to rest.

As my sister already has the week booked off, I've offered to her that she can come over and stay with me for a bit (although I am back at work tomorrow).

Right... Taking Mum and sister up there now (3pm), actually. More later.

** Update 17:15.

Just got back. My Dad's still not well, but I think we're hopeful that he'll be feeling better to take my Mum back up there soon so that my sister and I can head off to mine.

Nanny didn't open her eyes at all today, but she could tell that there were people there, and she tried to listen to us when we talked. Whether she could understand, or whether she knew it was us, I have no idea. She didn't look as agitated today.
My sister cried a bit; saying goodbye for the day.

Mum will probably not go back again today as Dad is in bed. My sister and I are getting ready for the journey back 'round the M25 to my home.

** Update 02/07, 11:10

My sister came over last night, and we watched the last two eps of Dr. Who, and then I went to bed, leaving her tucked up in bed on my futon, watching Father Ted. When I left for work this morning, she was tucked up in bed on my futon watching TV.

Cow ;)

Rubbing it in like that. Humph. ;)

I have not heard any news about Nanny yet today.

5 comments:

  1. Hi honey

    Lots of hugs for you in this difficult time. I've just got back enough to read your blog and catch up with you.

    My fingers are crossed for your Nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you made good time getting back, and that you slept ok.



    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've only just had a chancwe to read this as well. wishing you & your nan all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still wishing you well. I call my grandmother 'Nanny' too - I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go spend some time with Nanna. You wont regret it.

    I remember my Grannie in the last days. I would go and sit with her at her bedside. This went on for a while. The last time I saw her: when I went to leave, she called me back. She told me she loved me. We hugged and I kissed her on the forehead. When I got home, I got the phone call that she had passed away. Thinking back, it was a golden moment for me. Sure I miss her, but I will always rememebr the last time I saw her. She was special...She was Scottish...haha

    ReplyDelete