Thursday, June 29, 2006

Another Busy Day

Tired and worn out at the end of the day. Went for a wander around the green bit again. It was nice to relax a bit. Contemplated leaping up a tree if I saw a nice one :) (But didn't) Not climbed up a tree for probably a good ten years. Used to be fun though.

Drove home. Crap on the radio. (There only seems to be "clubby" dance music on by late evening)
Hummed to myself. I often randomly hum to myself when I'm content and doing something simple like milling around in the kitchen, or doing the shopping.
Must sound surreal. I started on a tune that for some reason sticks in my mind from Bagpuss (I rewatched them within the last six/seven years), straight into a sort of "army marchy" tune from a computer game, then a theme from a sitcom (I couldn't remember what).

Was feeling a bit random driving home. Looked up at one point driving along a longish straight road. Thought, "Well, bugger me, I've been going down this road for six years and never noticed that there's a tree-covered hill rising into the sky at that end before. I'll look more closely at the other end of the road."
I continued my random humming (and wondered whether Hanni had considered learning to drive at this point) and forgot about the hill.
Got to the other end of the road. "That's a big black cloud," I thought.
"Ohhh yeah. I see. Right. It wasn't a hill. It was a cloud."

There's probably something meaningful in that.

Actually, that makes me think of Bagpuss again, but I'm too tired now to go where I intended.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment