Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hot Sausage and Mustard

I started with one thing to say this morning, and I've managed to turn it into a few. Rather than writing one long rambly post, I thought I'd try to split some of the points into different posts. Thereby creating many long, rambly posts instead of just the one ;)

This one is a follow up to Food, Glorious Food.

Before the wedding, she lost a good deal of weight on the extremely low calorie diet. She really did do fantastically well during those months, I can't imagine how hard it must be, but I really was proud of her (And of course I told her so). A few weeks before the wedding, she ran out of steam on that diet and just before the wedding, her weight had started creeping back up again.

Since then, she's now put back on about half the weight she had lost. This is such a shame because she had tried so so hard before.

Yesterday morning, she again decided to try going back on this diet again. She managed it all day at work, and said she even turned down an invitation to go to the pub for lunch because she wanted to stay good.
And yet, as soon as I got home, she started asking "Can we have takeout?"
I can't understand why she puts in so much effort at times, only to throw it away again. I didn't let her have takeout. After all, it was only Monday we last had it.
I also told her she really has to pick a diet (or decide she doesn't mind what weight she is), and stick with it.
It's like the Paul McKenna thing on Sky. When she first watched that, I was thinking "Bloody hypnotism, stuff like that, it's all just bollocks innit."
I can see that perhaps hypnotism at times may genuinely be useful, but I associated Paul McKenna with stage hypnotism and all that rubbish.
Once she started watching it though, a lot of what he actually said, seemed sensible. There wasn't much hypnotism stuff, and there was much more "body science" and psychology, that I thought seemed to make sense.
One of the things he said was that thin people eat when they're hungry. Larger people tend to starve themselves, eat a lot, starve themselves, eat a lot, etc., thereby screwing up their metabolism. I don't know whether that's really true, but it sounds sensible to my mind.
Skipping breakfast and lunch only to have a great big tea, just can't be sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment