Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Her, Me, Wii, Us and Them

Had a short chat on the phone with Mrs M a little earlier.

Our house went on the market yesterday, so, well, not much more needs to be said than that :)

Her current plan is to move in with her parents initially and then to move into a new place that she is buying - to that end, she also put a bid in on a property "over there" today.

Because she initially either won't be working, or will only have a basic job, I think she said previously that the mortgage would be in her parents name.

I'll come back to that.

She also just had a Wii arrive today. She ordered one the other day - she had enjoyed mine a few weeks ago, and then had fun with my family on theirs last weekend. I can't remember whether I said she went over to my family's house for the weekend? Well, anyway, she did :)

They (my family) weren't sure how it would feel, but they said it didn't seem weird, and seemed ok. Mrs M also said much the same today to me, regarding them.

I think it's a bit "weird" for us at the moment. For example, first thing Monday morning (not a time I am comfortable with ;) ), I was at Mrs M's work with her to sort out some boring computery thing ;) (I had it sorted by 8:30) (official business - the company for which she works is a client of the company for which I work) (hello, I think I just saw a gnat fly away from my leg, and I only just got out the shower, so it may have got away with a bit of a snack there, cheeky bugger) ANYWAY, I was at Mrs M's work. She said on the phone today after I mentioned how it was a bit weird for me, that she had to fight the compulsion to, for example, stand closer-than-average to me, or to pat my bum ( :-P ) as I was going upstairs and she followed.

Likewise, I said it often seemed a bit strange whenever we do see each other, and then leave, and it's like "Ok, bye!" and that's it - you're sort of thinking, "Should we be hugging? Kissing?" and it's just a bit strange after all those years together to... just... not.

Which is why I find it a bit odd/awkward/weird in some ways to be around her at the moment, as there are all those years of things which had almost become habitual.

As I said though, she's getting on fine (and vice versa) with the rest of my family still. Speaking of whom, they (my parents, sister) are going on holiday towards the end of this month (Lake district I think). I'm not really interested in going with them, although there have been ponderances (on both sides) of Mrs M going if I definitely don't want to (I don't). As it happens, as she's now both selling one house and buying another, she said it may not be sensible to do that anymore, anyway.

I, on the other hand... Am going to finish this blog entry here for now, and the other hand will have to wait until tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment