Saturday, June 02, 2007

Less Lonely Alone

Welp, I'm knackered :)

Woke up around 9ish, but laid in bed until 10ish. Because I could :)

Got dressed, decided to look on youtube for a nice chilled tune that was in my head. Found it, set it off, and wandered into the kitchen for some breakfast. I just fancied some cereal :) Poured it out. Opened the fridge... Ohhh yes, "Buy milk", that's on my list of things to do today ;)

Then came the fun of pouring the cereal from my bowl back into the bag ;)

Meanwhile, I thought "What on Earth has happened to that song? What is that bloody bit they've got going over the top there?" and headed back to my computer to turn the volume down. Bizarrely, even with the volume turned down, the irritatingly loud bit seemed to not get any quieter.

I realised it was my phone ;) (Which was, by now, next to my computer)

I'd set an extra alarm just in case I didn't wake up easily ;)

Had a Pop Tart and a glass of fruit juice instead, and then headed out to town :) LOVELY day :)

Wandered into the barbour's... Was fiiiiilled up with a queue. Wandered around town some more instead :) Bought a T-shirt from Next. Ran back up three storeys to the car park and dropped it off. Bounded back down and headed across town for a 2nd chance at a haircut ;) Less queue, but still in there around 45mins. Read some of Top Gear magazine.

Realised my two hour car park ticket was virtually up and also realised I was hungry. Contemplated what to do... I had been thinking I'd pop into the Tesco in town just for a wander around (they have a lot of non-food stuff, but not so much food stuff) and then up to Asda, as I'd not been there in a while...

Grabbed a sweet chilli chicken wrap from Boots, some pineapple chunks, a bottle of Oasis, and some minty Aero ball things :)

And headed out in the car to go lounge on a big hill while I ate :)

Except I couldn't quite remember actually where the big hill I was thinking of was ;)

So, I'm not entirely sure where it was that I went, but I found a spot at the side of the road next to a footpath and pulled over :)

I decided against going this way ;)


I also didn't fancy plonking myself down on the other side of this gate ;)


And so, I plopped myself down here :)


And so, I sat happily in the shade (I felt it too risky to sit in the sun, having already been walking around in it - I would frizzle and frazzle! eek!), and I ate my lunch and nibbled at my pineapple and my minty chocolate balls (ooh, and I still have some pineapple left! I think I'll hafta go get that out the fridge in a bit :) ).
And when I came to leave, I discovered that I had, in fact, acquired a little friend :)


Following on from my last one, I have been pondering doing a "proper" video blog entry, and briefly considered recording one here. But I couldn't really be bothered ;) And I couldn't see anywhere to have rested the camera that wouldn't have had it looking up my nose ;)

I found when I began to drive home, that I did in fact have no clue where I was, as I ended up returning from a direction opposite to what I was expecting ;)

I had the radio on. I grinned when the song started playing.

I could not help but laugh as I sang along - "And oh my God I can't believe it, I've never been so far from home."

It may not exactly be the best, most exciting day in the history of man, but it sure beats sitting around at home, gazing outside, longing for things to be different.

Because now, they are. :)

(Also: Then spent an hour or two in Asda, came home, began downloading last week's Dr. Who, put shopping away, made a nice ham & pickle sandwich, started writing this, watched last week's Dr. Who, watched this week's Dr. Who, finished writing this :) )

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I have learnt to appreciate is silence.

    The silence when you're in an unhealthy relationship is deafening.

    The silence when you're on your own, pottering around in your own space is comforting. It's up to you to chose to fill it with something, either people or noise from telly or radio, or just to sit and listen to the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From lonely to solitary. Way cool.


    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete