Monday, June 11, 2007

What's In a Name?

I just happened to see it somewhere.

Mrs Inspector Monkfish


It seems a little strange to spot it like that. (Where "like that" was actually her real name)

I don't think I've really felt married at all. I often think in terms of "When I get married... Oh wait, oh yeah."



Updated 12/06/07 18:40
Roses
I suppose it just goes to show, you've done the right thing. Though it is sad.

I guess... She sort of felt like my wife (even before we were married), but she also sort of didn't.

I guess that for a long time she felt more like what she was - my partner.

I remember describing to her, years ago, what I felt it should mean to marry someone. To know that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with them. She, at that time, said she didn't really feel the same, and partly just wanted the experience of a wedding. Although I do wonder if that may have been "trying not to scare man into life of commitment" tactic ;)

And I know I never felt like that, which is why it took me so long to ask her to marry me. Because when I did, it wasn't for that reason.

Which is why, I think, I don't "feel" married.

On the plus side, I know that I am not going to make the same mistakes again. I am going to get it right next time.

5 comments:

  1. That's weird. I take it you hadn't called her that?

    I suppose it just goes to show, you've done the right thing. Though it is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ought to clarify - it was at work, and it was actually "Mrs Real Name" rather than really Mrs Inspector Monkfish ;)

    So, I'd seen it before, and she was so happy to be called it, just seeing it in an unexpected context surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you edited it, I thought you mean't she'd taken to calling herself Mrs IM...lol...brain is now in gear...probably still in holiday mode...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I should have clarified :)

    Oh, and for reference, I'm not aware that she's read my blog since I confronted her about it back in... whenever it was. February? March? Something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck hon. If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about getting it 'right'.

    It would be far more interesting to concentrate on getting it 'fun'.

    ReplyDelete