Thursday, June 14, 2007

Inspector Inspected

I had another flat inspection today.

I was going to link to where I mentioned the first one, but I discovered that I never actually got around to mentioning it. Oops.

I think it was back in March, after our anniversary, and something that led me to thinking about how my lease was (at that time) coming to an end.
The inspection came at the mid-point of the lease (three months in), but the lease also had two months notice - so, if I wished to renew it or forget it, I had to make that decision at the four-month-marker.

It was when I thought about this that I realised - I couldn't imagine NOT renewing the lease, which ultimately led to some heavy conversations and random blog posts.

Whilst the place was pretty tidy already at the moment, I did have a bit too much washing up, and the kitchen needed a bit of a clean. Cue not heading to bed until gone 2am, with a few odds and sods left to do this morning. I also needed to at least quickly hit my 2nd bedroom, as you could barely get in ;) (I had my suitcase in there from when I'd been figuring out bedroom furniture, and clothes hanging on the airer)... So all those bits led to my being 30 minutes late for work this morning. Oops :) (Ah well, Monday I worked 8am-6:30pm I think, and every other day this week I've left at around 6pm or later [officially finish 5:30], so it all balances out, I figure ;) )

Anyway. It was worth it! :)

As before, I left the girl from the letting agency a note to say hope everything's ok and feel free to have a drink if you want one (I don't know how long they 'poke around' for, but it seems fair :) )

I had this note back:
Everything is fine, as always! You make my job very easy, as I never hear from you. Thanks for the offer of the drink, but I would get too comfy and you would come home home from work to find me on your sofa watching the TV!

Hope you are well + see you soon.


See, I am doing well! :) Clean and tidy AND cosy now! :)

I definitely didn't have a TV or shelves or DVD cabinets last time... I can't remember whether I'd got the sofa by then. Didn't have a coffee table either then :)

Ahhh see, I am doing well here :) I am pleased :) Wonder when my bedroom furniture will get delivered! :)

4 comments:

  1. Only natural then that Inspector Monkfish would flirt with a female inspector then.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen Ing, you may be completely sex-obsessed, but that doesn't mean all of us are. Just because she was female and blonde, it doesn't mean... Oh wait, I take your point.

    Although seriously, I do like the company :) I have dealt with both her and a middle-aged bloke, and enjoyed dealing with both of them :) From my first enquiry to them they got back to me swiftly and just gave the impression of actually caring :)
    Unlike some of the other companies I had contacted at the same time, who took a day or two longer simply to return my call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkfish ~ not being funny here, but I don't think it's ing who's being obsessed.

    It seems to me that you are getting ready to get back into the pool of lurve and have a good swim.

    Are you going to ask the Inspector out for a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so anyway, was she fit then?

    hehe

    seriously dude, we just want the best for you!

    ReplyDelete