Saturday, June 30, 2007

Some Details For You

Right, I'll start with some details.

My Nan
- Has remained "stable" overnight
- I am not sure what the plan for going up there today is
- A consultant's appointment regarding her is booked with my Mum for Wednesday at 2pm. My initial thought regarding this was that this could be a good sign. The swift follow-up thought was that actually this was probably very simply the earliest appointment available.

Yorkshire and The Girls
- This is my sister and Mrs M who are still up in Yorkshire (they have, by the way, managed to avoid any sign of flooding)
- The original holiday plan had been for two weeks in total. This consisted of staying in two separate cottages, the second of which they were scheduled to go to today.
- Mrs M had joined them on around Monday/Tuesday (it's not like she even needed to book time off work now, and she enjoys spending time with the rest of my family)
- I had thought originally that my parents+sister had all gone up in just my Dad's car and now had the option to stay because Mrs M was there in her car. Apparently my sister had taken her car too though.
- My sister has decided that she doesn't really want to stay on holiday because, even if nothing else, it's not going to be the same without my parents around too. So, they'll be driving back today. It's a shame it's a long drive that she'll have no company with her in the car for.
- Apparently they did pay for cancellation insurance, so even although it's "quite late" to cancel, they ought to be able to get something back.
- Today is my sister's 25th birthday.

Me
- I am at my parents at the moment.
- I imagine that I will stay here today and tonight, especially if my sister is now heading back.
- I guess that I will make my way back home some time tomorrow to be back at work on Monday.

Right, I think I'll take this opportunity to get dressed and find some food, before attempting to return to write some less "bullet-pointy" stuff ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Have a safe journey tomorrow - make sure you leave lots of time with this appalling weather.


    Zeb.

    ReplyDelete