Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bingo!

(Well, I was thinking of "House!" ;) )

A Well Presented 1 Bedroom Apartment Situated To The East Side Of Town.

Entrance Hall, Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom, Sitting Room Communal Garden And Allocated Parking.

Part Furnished. Available Immediately.

I have booked an appointment to see that at 1pm tomorrow.

There was another I liked the look of in the same area - I'm thinking ideally on the other side of town to here so it's convenient to both work & town, but also don't want to be right on a main road (What? IDEALLY I mean, don't HAVE to get all this ;) - but found out it had already been nabbed :)
Tomorrow at 1pm didn't sound bad when I said it, but all of a sudden it feels like an awwwwwwfully long time to wait ;)
AND I realised it means I'll be missing out on the pub! Tsk! ;)

I'm thinking furnished or part-furnished, subject to how much of a "part" "part-furnished" actually is ;)

I noticed this on one, which made me chuckle, "Flexible Furnishings".

I just have visions of a large coffee table ;) "Well, you can lay on it! Or sit on it! Or even use it as a table!"
Failing that, I guess it means "Bean bag" or "Poorly made furniture which cannot remain upright" :)

9 comments:

  1. Have you rented before? Just wondered if you knew about the kind of things to look out for, and to ask.

    I look forward to hearing how the viewing goes and will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have only lived with my parents and then moved in with my wife (who had already organised finding & buying of the house).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Good luck, I don't really know what to say, your situation is of such gravity. Hang in there, and keep breathing mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flexible furnishings means they're all made of lycra, or plasticine.

    Yes, lol, can you imagine a room full of beanbags. One as the table, two or three representing the suite. One large one in the bedroom. It could even mean the blow up kind, i had a blue inflatable chair once, it lasted a week in my house with the 'traffic' i have here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has the landlord been upfront about how much deposit, and how much rent in advance? Also what

    It's worth checking where the landlord lives, and how contactable/accessible he/she is. Or whether you are expected to make all contact through the letting agency. It's important to know this, because you might need to make urgent contact if something went wrong with the property and it needed fixing. It would be very annoying if you had to deal with the agency, and it was a weekend and they weren't there (and in the meantime, you had burst pipes, fused electrics, a broken doorlock, or whatever).

    It's also worth asking if you're allowed to put pictures on the walls - some landlords of rented properties are very particular about this, not wanting to spoil their paintwork.

    More later ........... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world of living single. It does take a bit of getting used to, but there are many advantages...like being able to sprawl out in your bed without having to fight for the duvet. My personal favourite is the duvet day. Curling up and watching rubbish telly with junk food and going to bed at 3am.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you, and hoping the viewing goes well. My prayer is that if this is the right place, you will just "know".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for such continued support, all :)

    Manda: Thanks, I'll make notes to ask some of those questions.
    Re. upfront stuff, let me copy a few bits:

    Once an offer has been accepted, a non-refundable fee of £200 is required per property.

    We will also require the following;

    • One months rent in advance
    • One and a half months rent as a deposit


    Found this one via an estate agent, so I'm not clear on who the actual landlord is at this time.

    Appointment has been delayed by 1 hour until 2, but I'll try to whip off a quick update when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Might want to also ask what the minimum let is, and what the notice period either side is. Also, if the let is likely to be renewable after the first period of x months.

    ReplyDelete