Friday, November 10, 2006

How was it for you?

Well, it was... "ok".

By no means great, nor was it quite as good as I was hoping for. But I could be at this game forever if I go looking for exactly what I want. I do need to be a little more spontaneous with this sort of thing.

In terms of "essential" furnishings, I think the only thing it didn't have was a bed. Had wardrobes and kitchen appliances. I don't mind needing to get one or two important things, though.

The minimimum let period is usually six months, and this is true with the majority of lets that this estate agents deals with. Said I was more thinking three at the moment. (I've no idea what's going to happen, ... )

Estate agent will speak to landlord this afternoon to see about that. I added that I was keen to get things moving as fast as possible if it was a goer.

Not sure how I felt about it overall. Not enamoured by it, and I don't think I'd want to live there "long term". Might "do" for a few months though.

There were two doors and two staircases into the building, and presumably two doors to apartments located on the other side of each of those staircases/doors.
The door to the apartment next to "mine" (as the estate agent would say) appeared to have lost its glass, but its owner had thoughtfully put some newspaper in its place for a little light reading.

So, overall, not sure, but need to find out whether three months is a possibility anyway.





Update, 16:10
Have requested details on a bunch more places. I liked the location relative to work of this one, and price-wise it seemed pretty reasonable, but having seen it I'm not so sure.

7 comments:

  1. I think most landlords will want a 6 month let, and that isn't very much time at all. It'll take you that long to unpack.

    Anyway, take the time to find somewhere comfortable, rather than take the first one that comes along and that you end up taking....that advice stands for relationships as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with roses - suggest it would be good to view at least another couple of properties, so that you can compare and contrast, and see if you can find somewhere that you actually like, rather than just tolerating, and a place which feels right and "safe" for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes that reflection does look like youi...but, unless you've let everyone see a pic of you that posts here, they wouldn't know would they ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Mindy! :)

    Unless I'm missing something, it's a part of my arm and my hand! :)

    And pretty much everyone here who has e-mailed me, or I have added to Messenger, has had a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The door to the apartment next to "mine"...appeared to have lost its glass"

    I am still thinking about this and wondering.

    I'm glad there are others to look at before you decide :~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, don't worry :) I'm not keen on that one.

    Have just come up with a list of 6 others I am interested in. "All" I have to now is ring them and work out when I can see them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing how you get on at these other places. Made any plans yet?

    ReplyDelete