Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Hunt is On

Viewed two more places this morning, and I have another scheduled for this evening.

Nuhmberr Wohne (Sorry, had an urge to 'say' that in an American accent. Think it's a random recollection of a tiny part of a TV programme many moons ago)

Fairly happy with this. Location is decent, relative to work and town. Close enough to work that I could theoretically walk to work, but I realistically would not do so (steep hill to climb, tight corners, no path in places I think, people drive too fast). Nice enough journey by car though ;)

3rd/top floor. Surprisingly spacious. Not specifically well presented, but well furnished. Two bedrooms - theoretically both double, but would be a squeeze in the second. Approaching the upper end of my budget, but location is good, it's furnished, and it's got two bedrooms, so it does a good job of justifying the price to me.

Standard term would be six months. Will find out about three, as people may just be keen to have someone in over Christmas. I'm more open to six now, though. Seems like something I need to consider, and I can at least come up with a use for it - if we decide to get back together, may make a useful temporary jumping ground to somewhere bigger to help break the "property chain" up a bit.

It was "bought to let" by the owner, but is managed the agency. Contact would be via them.

Nuhmbar Twoh (Still in silly accent ;)

Within very easy walking distance of work, which puts it into a very desirable postcode. The price reflects that. Absolute top end of my budget. Smaller than number one, but still two bedrooms. Unfurnished (The description hadn't specified). Again, contact would be via the agency. Heard it was unfurnished before I got there, but thought it would be worth a look anyway.
Would not say I was especially interested in it - I feel it's almost "too close" to work (Mrs M couldn't see how you could be "too close" ;), and I'm not sure I'd want to live in such a "desirable" postcode, regardless of price ;)
Even if it was the same price as number one, it's still both smaller and unfurnished, and I don't think I could reasonably justify the price to myself.

I expect this evening's to be more similar to number one than two, but will have to wait to find out. So, I'll find out what that looks like. Initial impressions are that I quite liked number one and will give it serious consideration on either three months or six.

Will update later, following number three :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update - interesting!
    Look forward to hearing about the other one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me... I really must work out exactly where it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a clear vision of what you'd like in a property and that #1 seems to have it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number one sounds very nice indeed even if not specifically well presented, maybe with a little creative genius that can be overcome.

    Have they told you about any financial checks they have to do that could be a hidden cost. I know some (if not all) places do this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And here's our Graham with a quick reminder..."

    ReplyDelete