Monday, November 20, 2006

Deep Slow Breaths

Phew.

Well, I just told the people I work with what's happening.

Told three of them in one go, since they all happened to be in the room at the same time, and those were the three I'd wanted to tell first (one of my bosses, two of m' learned colleagues).

Whilst I knew several had suspected something was up, I think it somewhat took all of them aback.

It's my work's Christmas do this coming Saturday (everyone happened to be booked throughout December). This year, as well as the food and drink being paid for, they've also paid for hotel rooms for us all. I decided it would seem odd to go with Mrs M. Of course, it will seem at least as odd not to. I had been hoping I could have been moved out by this point, but, it seems not.

Phew. Was that really only three? Felt like a lot more ;)

Aaaaand relax.

6 comments:

  1. Do you feel a little more comfortable now it's out at work?

    Are they a supportive bunch with ears if you needed them from time to time?

    With the 'news' out of the way before the work meal, you might be able to relax with them and benefit from the short break.

    That too some courage :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not specifically yet, but I haven't "adjusted" to it yet. I'll mention it to the other four (well, or at least three - one has only been here a month or so) at some point soon as well.
    lol, and BB's wife will be certain to question me about it come Saturday. She has no fear. ;)

    Yes, they are a supportive bunch with ears. lol, perhaps they'll now want to support me with beers ;)

    I wanted to get it out and out of the way so I could just relax and not have to think about what I said, or try to diplomatically avoid questions over the weekend. So, 'though it may be a little odd, hopefully I'll just be able to relax and kick back that much more.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you feel better for telling people and I hope they take you out for a beer...that can't have been easy ...and if they don't I'll get you a virtual one...you deserve one (or ten! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Support with beers and good people can never be underestimated. I suspect you'll be surprised by the undertanding and hugs coming your way, (and that's just from us on-line).

    Keep taking those deep breaths, you're doing really well. It will be alright. Promise.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, seeings as the weekend is free food, free drink, and a room all paid up for the night, I may be a tad worse for wear ;)

    Now, I really need to stop buggering about and get my arse back into gear into properly looking for somewhere (I've slacked off the last few days).

    [Yaaaaaawn]

    And on that note, I think I'll be off to bed :)

    Thanks all :)

    ReplyDelete