Thursday, November 30, 2006

Moving Swiftly On...

...Is something I may be doing tomorrow.

They were unable to locate any skeletons hiding in my closet (either I don't have any, or they're well hidden - I'm not telling which ;) ). Consequently, I now have tomorrow afternoon off, for an appointment at 2pm with the agent. I shall be paying the remainder of the "up front" fees, before progressing on to the property itself, doing the inventory/condition check, and then, I rather believe, I get the keys!

Gosh.

Meanwhile, Mrs M is actually off this evening until Sunday to see her parents, and to tell them what's been happening.

We'd already discussed the possibility that my move could be happening this weekend, and agreed that even if it did, I'd at least come back for one night, so that she didn't return to an all-of-a-sudden empty house.

I think I need to possibly perhaps just maybe start doing some packing.

I may drive over to see and tell my parents at some point this weekend too, but I've not worked out a "schedule" yet.

Well. ... ... Nope, that's all I've got to say :)

4 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

    Just wondered if it might it be possible for a friend of Mrs M's to come and stay, instead of you going back - it occurred to me that it might be difficult for you (both) to go back for a night.



    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't really have any friends nearby.

    I think it's not purely about the loneliness though, so much as the shock of popping away for a weekend and coming back and everything being gone. It feels like there should be a recognised potential "last night" together, and a proper "goodbye", rather than a "just happening to be away and coming back and it's all over"-sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll both be in my thoughts.



    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off I head to get things rolling...

    ReplyDelete